- related to: african-american last names list
Search From Over 7.4 Billion Records & Find Your Family Genealogy Now!
- Williams. You can probably name a ton of people with the last name Williams. During the last census, this name was the most common with over 774,000. This is an 8.1% increase from 2000 where they came across approximately 58,000 less Williams.
- Johnson. In 2010, Johnson came in 2 place, and that’s its same rank within the entire population of African-Americans and Caribbean people. In total, there are just fewer than 2 million black people with the last name Johnson with a 6.6% increase within the decade.
- Smith. When it comes to last names, Smith is the most popular of last names among black people. There are over 2.4 million African-American and Caribbean people with that last name.
- Jones. The last name Jones ranked 4 in the 2010 and ranks 5 overall when considering the entire black population. There was a 36,579 increase in the last name over a 10 year period pulling the entire population to a total of 1.4 million people.
- Williams – The MOST common African American last name of all.
- Johnson – There are almost 2 million black people with this last name.
- Smith – You’ve got to have heard of Smith. Any famous TV show actors coming to mind?
- Jones – Ranks in at number 4, still a popular surname.
- Washington. In the 2000 U.S. Census, America counted more than 160,000 people with the surname Washington. Of this...
- Origin. When it comes to dissecting the meaning behind African American surnames, the catalyst will always be slavery –...
- Williams. According to US census records, Williams is the 16th most common last...
Feb 11, 2020 · Black Last Names starting from A. Ames. – A friend or a beloved. Akers – arable land. Appling – Appolonia. Alvarez – son of Alvaro. Almond – noble protection. Abercrombie – the mouth of the bendy river. Abebe – Blossomed; grown.
Most Common Surnames For Black People in the United States. In this article we'll look at the most ...Last Name/surnameTotal 1Black 2Percentage 3U.s. Rank 5WILLIAMS1,625,252774,92047.68%3JOHNSON1,932,812669,33334.63%2SMITH2,442,977564,57223.11%1JONES1,425,470548,52138.48%5
May 04, 2017 · This pancocojams post provides a list of 100 most common last names for Black people in the United States. [Added October 6, 2017]. Addendum #1: presents an excerpt from a pdf entitled "Putting a Demographic Face on Names from Census 2000". Addendum #2: presents a list of the 10 most common Black American surnames based on the US Census 2010.
- Azizi Powell
Dec 15, 2020 · Such names have gradually been accepted among African Americans and are being adopted by many people. What are the most common black last names that bear such identities? Omari; Achebe; Bello ...