Alexandre Michel Gérard Desplat is a French film composer. He has won two Academy Awards, for his musical scores to the films The Grand Budapest Hotel and The Shape of Water, and received nine additional Academy Award nominations, ten César nominations, ten BAFTA nominations, eleven Golden Globe Award nominations, and ten Grammy nominations. Desplat has composed scores for a wide range of films, including low-budget independent productions and large-scale blockbusters, such as The Queen ...
Alexandre Desplat. Composer and conductor Alexandre Desplat, Oscar winner and seven-time Academy Award nominated, for his prolific filmography and his collaborations with Stephen Frears, Terrence Malick, Ang Lee, Kathryn Bigelow, Jacques Audiard, Wes Anderson, Roman Polanski, George Clooney or Matteo Garrone is one of the most worthy heirs of the French masters of ...
Composer, orchestrator and conductor, two times Academy Award winner, Alexandre Desplat, eleven-times Academy Award Nominee, with over hundred scores and numerous awards to his credit is one of the most worthy heirs of the French film scoring masters. A true cinephile, his approach to film composition is not only based on his strong musicality, but also on his understanding of Cinema, which allows him to intimately communicate with directors.
- Alexandre Desplat: Composer, Rise of the Guardiansyoutube.com
- Alexandre Desplat: Composer, Rise of the Guardianswsj.com
- Multi Award-Winning Composer Alexandre Desplat Speaks Candidly With Jon Burlingame – Part 1youtube.com
- Alexandre Desplat (Composer - Little Women) Interview - BAFTAs 2020youtube.com
Two time Academy Award winner for his soundtracks to Guillermo del Toro’s Shape of Water and Wes Anderson’s The Grand Budapest Hotel, and ten times an Academy Award nominee, Alexandre Desplat has already won two Golden Globes, two Grammy Awards, three Baftas, three Cesars and numerous other distinctions. He has become one of the most brilliant composers of his generation.
May 21, 2020 · Taking a rare break from work in order to field a phone call from his recording studio in the heart of Paris, ultra-prolific composer Alexandre Desplat admitted that he’s been undeterred by the...
People also ask
Who is Alexandre Desplat?
How many films has Alexandre Desplat composed?
How did Jean Desplat become a composer?
Is Alexandre Desplat married?
Alexandre Desplat, best known for being a Composer, was born in Paris, France on Wednesday, August 23, 1961. Film composer who earned Original Score Academy Award nominations for “Argo,” “The King’s Speech,” “Fantastic Mr. Fox,” and “Philomena.”
- Paris, France
Alexandre Desplat was born on the 23rd of August, 1961. He is known for being a Composer. He composed the score for “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,” which starred Brad Pitt.
- Paris, France
- The Imitation Game. It’s difficult to get to know geniuses sometimes as several of them are, as it’s been seen in movies and in real life, hard to deal with on a social level as their skills range towards the more academic aspects of life which tend to consume them more often than not.
- The Grand Budapest Hotel. It’s amazing how a story can start, run its course, and then end on a note that leaves one wistful and wanting more, even if there is plenty to give but no one that will listen.
- Zero Dark Thirty. There were a lot of moving parts to this movie and the music had to convey that and a sense of very serious and real danger that went into the planning of the mission that was carried out.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2. There had to be a real sense of things changing, the darkness enfolding the scene, and of the desperation that those who resisted faced when attempting to subvert the power of the dark lord, and it came off beautifully.
Composer Alexandre Desplat on Isle of Dogs, Wes Anderson, and a Career Spent in Film | by Karen M. Peterson For Alexandre Desplat, composing was a natural pursuit. The two-time Oscar winner (with seven additional nominations), and Grammy winner is halfway to an EGOT. He began with short films, moving into feature work in the late 1990s.
Feel-Good results for alexandre desplat composer