Alexandre Michel Gérard Desplat (French: [alɛksɑ̃dʁ dɛspla]; born 23 August 1961) is a French film composer. He has won two Academy Awards, for his musical scores to the films The Grand Budapest Hotel and The Shape of Water, and received nine additional Academy Award nominations, ten César nominations (winning three), ten BAFTA nominations (winning three), eleven Golden Globe Award ...
- Alexandre Desplat: Composer, Rise of the Guardiansyoutube.com
- Alexandre Desplat: Composer, Rise of the Guardianswsj.com
- Multi Award-Winning Composer Alexandre Desplat Speaks Candidly With Jon Burlingame – Part 1youtube.com
- Alexandre Desplat (Composer - Little Women) Interview - BAFTAs 2020youtube.com
Composer, orchestrator and conductor, two times Academy Award winner, Alexandre Desplat, eleven-times Academy Award Nominee, with over hundred scores and numerous awards to his credit is one of the most worthy heirs of the French film scoring masters.
Composer and conductor Alexandre Desplat, Oscar winner and seven-time Academy Award nominated, for his prolific filmography and his collaborations with Stephen Frears, Terrence Malick, Ang Lee, Kathryn Bigelow, Jacques Audiard, Wes Anderson, Roman Polanski, George Clooney or Matteo Garrone is one of the most worthy heirs of the French masters of...
Two time Academy Award winner for his soundtracks to Guillermo del Toro’s Shape of Water and Wes Anderson’s The Grand Budapest Hotel, and ten times an Academy Award nominee, Alexandre Desplat has already won two Golden Globes, two Grammy Awards, three Baftas, three Cesars and numerous other distinctions.
People also ask
Who is Alexandre Desplat?
How many films has Alexandre Desplat composed?
Is Alexandre Desplat married?
How did Jean Desplat become a composer?
Jul 12, 2017 · Alexandre Desplat is having a bit of a moment, having scored Philomena, Monuments Men, and The Grand Budapest Hotel in quick succession. No other composer today has worked so consistently on such ...
Alexandre Desplat, best known for being a Composer, was born in Paris, France on Wednesday, August 23, 1961. Film composer who earned Original Score Academy Award nominations for “Argo,” “The King’s Speech,” “Fantastic Mr. Fox,” and “Philomena.”
- Paris, France
- The Imitation Game. It’s difficult to get to know geniuses sometimes as several of them are, as it’s been seen in movies and in real life, hard to deal with on a social level as their skills range towards the more academic aspects of life which tend to consume them more often than not.
- The Grand Budapest Hotel. It’s amazing how a story can start, run its course, and then end on a note that leaves one wistful and wanting more, even if there is plenty to give but no one that will listen.
- Zero Dark Thirty. There were a lot of moving parts to this movie and the music had to convey that and a sense of very serious and real danger that went into the planning of the mission that was carried out.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2. There had to be a real sense of things changing, the darkness enfolding the scene, and of the desperation that those who resisted faced when attempting to subvert the power of the dark lord, and it came off beautifully.
- A master of movie music. Born in 1961, Desplat dreamed of becoming a film composer from an early age and scored his first film at 25. He has since risen to Hollywood's A-list with scores for numerous hits, including his Oscar-winning 'The Grand Budapest Hotel' and ''The King's Speech' - for which he won a BAFTA.
- The Imitation Game (2014) Although Desplat captures all sides of Alan Turing’s story in this biopic - from obsession to tragedy via brief tenderness - it’s the maths and mechanics of the code-breaking machines that inspires the most exciting music.
- The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014) Desplat’s work with director Wes Anderson is always a blast and here he delivers a quirky, unpredictable - and Oscar-winning - score full of delights; catchy tunes, comedic tics and breezy colours - zithers and balalaikas galore - that charm the ear and match Anderson’s unique and hilarious vision.
- Zero Dark Thirty (2012) No room for Desplat’s natural charm in this tough, intense picture on the hunt for Osama Bin Laden. The music sits low in the film’s mix, with muted orchestral colours, biting and bubbling beneath the surface of the drama.
A Conversation With Composer Alexandre Desplat Hours before accepting the BMI Film/TV Icon Award, the supremely talented composer Alexandre Desplat sat down with film music journalist Jon Burlingame for an exclusive video interview, covering Desplat’s journey into composition, his writing process and his long-time collaboration with legendary ...
Feel-Good results for alexandre desplat composer