Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There Quotes
www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/45962572-through-the-looking-glass-and-what-alice-found-there#:~:text=Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There,keep in the same place. More items...
- “In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die:
- “Speak in French when you can’t think of the English for a thing--
- “Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place.
People also ask
What are some quotes from Alice in Wonderland?
What is the summary of Through the Looking Glass?
What does Alice Through the Looking Glass mean?
Where is Alice Through the Looking Glass?
Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There Quotes Showing 1-30 of 93 “In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die: Ever drifting down the stream- Lingering in the golden gleam- Life, what is it but a dream?” ― Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass
- Lewis Carroll
- Lewis Carroll
- “She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it).” ― Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland / Through the Looking-Glass.
- “If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be.
- “I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says, "Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.”
- “I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then” ― Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass.
″‘It’s no use talking about it,’ Alice said, looking up at the house and pretending it was arguing with her. ‘I’m not going in again yet. I know I should have to get through the Looking-glass again – back into the old room – and there’d be an end of all my adventures!’
― Lewis Carroll, quote from Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There “The rule is, jam to-morrow and jam yesterday—but never jam to-day.” “It must come sometimes to ‘jam to-day,’” Alice objected. “No, it ca’n’t,” said the Queen.
The Best 'Alice Through The Looking Glass' Movie Quotes. Here are the best quotes from the movie 'Alice Through The Looking Glass', based on the book by Lewis Carroll. 1. "You’ve been gone too long, Alice. There are matters which might benefit from your attention. Friends cannot be neglected."-Absolem, 'Alice Through The Looking Glass'. 2.
(Through the Looking Glass, Chapter 5) The Hatter opened his eyes very wide on hearing this; but all he said was, “Why is a raven like a writing-desk?” “Come, we shall have some fun now!” thought Alice.
Through the Looking Glass has been seen as Alice's journey through childhood and into adulthood. If this is indeed the case, an important lesson to learn along the way is to keep a firm hold on one's identity.
And so I went through the looking glass, stepped into the netherworld, where up is down and food is greed, where convex mirrors cover the walls, where death is honor and flesh is weak. It is ever so easy to go. Harder to find your way back.