- Other artists that received heavy airplay on alternative radio in the ’90s but in retrospect seem more like mainstream rock or pop include Sheryl Crow, Third Eye Blind, Sarah McLachlan, Gin Blossoms, Shawn Colvin, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Paula Cole, Joan Osborne, Matthew Sweet, Sophie B. Hawkins, Semisonic, Collective Soul and many others.
People also ask
What are some alternative rock bands from the 90s?
What bands were in the 90s?
What was the most popular music in the 1990s?
Who were the best singers in the 90s?
90s Alternative Artists. Gin Blossoms. 667,802 listeners. Gin Blossoms are an alternative rock/power pop band that formed in 1987, in Tempe, Arizona, United States, known for ... Collective Soul. Blind Melon. Dinosaur Jr. The Breeders.
Jul 16, 2018 · The Best Alternative & Indie Bands of the 1990s. Nirvana. Nevermind, In Utero. 2. 728. 375. Pixies. Radiohead. Smashing Pumpkins. Pearl Jam.
May 25, 2011 · A very long list of still-active alt-rock bands from our youth is after the jump. Larry Marano/Shutterstock. 1. 3 Doors Down. 2. 311. 3. Alice in Chains (reunited 2005) 4. American Music Club. 5.
- Judy Berman
- 4 Non Blondes – What’s Up? (1992) When Linda Perry sings, “Twenty-five years and my life is still / Tryin’ to get up that great big hill of hope / For a destination” at the start of 4 Non Blondes’ “What’s Up?
- Aimee Mann – You Could Make a Killing (1995) Is Aimee Mann’s 1995 single “You Could Make a Killing” about making a lot of money, or is it about a literal act of murder?
- Air – La femme d’argent (1998) In contrast with their fellow countrymen Daft Punk, Air made electronic music that was designed for lounging as opposed to clubbing.
- Alanis Morissette – You Oughta Know (1995) Alanis Morissette’s first two albums weren’t even released outside of her native Canada, but she struck gold with Jagged Little Pill, a runaway smash that sold over 33 million copies around the world.
Apr 19, 2021 · Other artists that received heavy airplay on alternative radio in the ’90s but in retrospect seem more like mainstream rock or pop include Sheryl Crow, Third Eye Blind, Sarah McLachlan, Gin ...