Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel (2009) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more.
Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel is a 2009 American live-action/computer animated musical family comedy film directed by Betty Thomas.It is the second live action/animated film starring Alvin and the Chipmunks and stars Zachary Levi, David Cross, and Jason Lee with the voices of Justin Long, Matthew Gray Gubler, Jesse McCartney, Amy Poehler, Anna Faris and Christina Applegate.
Dec 23, 2009 · Directed by Betty Thomas. With Jason Lee, Zachary Levi, David Cross, Justin Long. The world-famous singing preteen chipmunk trio return to contend with the pressures of school, celebrity, and a rival female music group known as The Chipettes.
- Betty Thomas
8 photos of the Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel voice actors (Movie).
- Full Plot
- Box Office
- Sneak Peek
During Alvin, Simon, and Theodore's \\"Save the Music\\" benefit concert, Dave tells Alvin to take it easy and that the concert \\"is not all about you\\", but Alvin has a difficult time listening. He then jumps on top of a scaffolding and causes an Alvin billboard to fall. He warns Dave to look out, but it sends Dave flying across the stage, yelling \\"ALVIN!\\", into some electric devices.After the accident, he is rushed to the hospital. He survives and must stay for a few days to recover. The nurse gi...
The film closed in the United States on April 22, 2010. It was a huge box office success, with a final domestic earning of $219,553,378 and a worldwide earning of $223,306,420 for a grand total of $442,859,798, making it the highest grossing Alvin and the Chipmunks film and the highest grossing talking animal film of all time. It is also the 2nd highest grossing CGI star film to only Avatar and the 3rd highest TV cartoon live-action film.
1. Zachary Levi as Tobin \\"Toby\\" Seville 2. David Cross as Ian Hawke 3. Jason Lee as David \\"Dave\\" Seville 4. Wendie Malick as Dr. Rubin 5. Anjelah Johnson as Julie Ortega 6. Kathryn Joosten as Aunt Jackie Seville 7. Kevin G. Schmidt as Ryan Edwards 8. Chris Warren, Jr. as Xander 9. Bridgit Mendler as Becca Kingston 10. Brando Eaton as Jeremy Smith
There was a lawsuit involved for half of the films profits filed by Ross Bagdasarian, Jr. and Janice Karman. Fox countered in a statement that the claims were \\"completely without merit. We look forward to resolving our differences and, in the meantime, we are continuing to move forward with this franchise.\\" All claims were ruled in favor of Fox.
1. The film marks the first appearance of The Chipettes in the CGI/live-action film series. 2. When The Chipettes escape from the Fed Ex packaging, the dialogue closely echoes the time the Chipmunks scaled down their Christmas tree. 3. Honor Society cameos as the boys' band. 4. Claire is never seen or even referenced in the whole movie. 5. The Chipettes' story completely mirrors the predecessor's story. 6. Similar to the Transformers movies, by far, the Alvin and the Chipmunks series produce...
1. When Doctor Rubin shows Alvin, Simon, and Theodore their homeroom, Alvin says \\"so this is a classroom,\\" however the DVD subtitles say that Theodore is saying this. 2. When The Chipettes audition for Ian in his \\"penthouse office\\" on the roof of Jett Records, they dance and sing with the company JETT RECORDS sign behind them. From Ian's view the sign can be read clearly; however from the street the letters would be backwards. 3. When The Chipettes meet Ian Hawke, Eleanor says \\"Such a pleasu...
1. The film's teaser premiered with Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian. In the trailer, The Chipmunks are seen singing the 20th Century Fox jingle. This trailer premiered in the United Kingdom with Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. 2. The 2nd teaser premiered on the Internet on June 30, 2009, then on Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs on July 1, 2009. In the trailer, the Chipmunks are seen singing the 20th Century Fox's jingle. Afterwards, The Chipmunks are seen at school and A...
The sneak peek is shown only once on Nickelodeon. The preview shows the time they hide in the toilet tank and Toby tells them they have to go to school, saying what could go wrong on the second day of school. Dodgeball day is also shown. Simon and Theodore are hit, but Alvin manages to catch the ball.
Main Article: Chipwrecked & The Road ChipTwo sequels entitled Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked and Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip were released on December 16, 2011 and December 18, 2015 respectively.
Dec 23, 2009 · 8 side by side images of the Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel Japanese cast (Movie). Gallery view of the seiyuu and their characters.
People also ask
What is Alvin and the Chipmunks first movie?
Who is Dave in Alvin and the Chipmunks?
Who played Dave in Alvin and the Chipmunks?
Who does the voice of Alvin in Alvin and the Chipmunks?
Dave Seville’s a songwriter as well as the guardian of the Chipmunks and the Chipettes as of the second live action movie. While Dave struggles to remain calm and objective, Alvin often irritates him, causing Dave to yell "Alvin!" to which Alvin responds with "Okay!" Dave plays piano and the ...
Alvin and the Chipmunks is a 2007 American live action/computer animated musical comedy film directed by Tim Hill.Based on the characters of the same name created by Ross Bagdasarian Sr., the film stars Justin Long, Matthew Gray Gubler and Jesse McCartney, with Jason Lee, David Cross, Cameron Richardson, and Jane Lynch in supporting roles.
- Recording Technique
1. Main article: Witch Doctor In early 1958, Bagdasarian released a novelty song, as David Seville, about being unlucky at love until he found a Witch Doctor who told him "What To Do" to woo his woman. The entire song was done by Bagdasarian in his normal voice, except for the "magic" words, done first in Bagdasarian's pitched-up, pre-Chipmunk voice, and then in a duet between his pitched-up voice and his normal voice. The words, of course, are nonsense: "Oo-ee, oo-ah-ah, ting-tang, walla-wal...
"The Chipmunk Song"
1. Main article: The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late) The Chipmunks first officially appeared on the scene in a novelty record released in late fall 1958 by Bagdasarian. The song, originally listed on the record label (Liberty F-55168) as "The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late)," featured the singing skills of the chipmunk trio. One phrase in the chorus has Alvin wishing for a hula hoop, which was that year's hot new toy. The novelty record was highly successful, selling more than...
The Alvin Show
1. Main article: The Alvin Show The first television series was produced by Format Films for Bagdasarian Film Corporation. Although the series was broadcast in black and white, it was produced and later re-run in color. Twenty-six episodes each were produced for the Alvin and the Chipmunks and Clyde Crashcup segments, along with 52 musical segments. Their first solo album, The Alvin Show, consisted of songs from the series. Three full episodes of the series were released as part of The Alvin...
Alvin is the leader of The Chipmunks. He is a roller coaster and can be sometimes considered as an anti-hero. His enthusiasm is boundless and his despair bottomless. The term "look before you leap" definitely doesn't apply to Alvin, who is impulsive, charming, musical, and full of animal magnetism. He always seems to make up hare-brained schemes to get what he wants: whether it be trying to help his brothers, keeping Dave from figuring something out, or getting out of a sticky situation. Howe...
Simon possesses a very dry sense of humor as well as a keen wit and an IQ just north of Einstein. Alvin exploits Simon's master mind for his crazy schemes because he is smart enough to carry them out. In the end, Simon loves Alvin, although he secretly worries that they share the same gene pool. His signature color is blue, and he has blue eyes and black glasses; although his glasses are blue after the 1983 television series' second season up until the show's final season, in The Chipmunk Adv...
Theodoreis the child of innocence and is the youngest of the group. He is shy, loving, sensitive, gullible, trusting, naive and cute. In short, he is an easy target for Alvin's manipulations. In fact, Theodore often holds the swing vote between his two brothers' choices of action. Simon appeals to Theodore's better nature while Alvin goes straight to bribery. He is constantly craving snacks and in one episode, tried to eat Alvin's hand because of his hunger. Theodore's signature color is gree...
The Chipmunks' voices were recorded onto audiotape by voice talent talking or singing at half the normal speed. When the tape was played back at double speed, they would sound a full octave higher in pitch, at normal tempo. The technique was by no means new to the Chipmunks. For example, the high and low pitched characters in The Wizard of Ozwere achieved by speeding up and slowing down vocal recordings. Also, Mel Blanc's voice characterization for Daffy Duck was sped up to some extent. Now the same effect can be created digitally and in real time. However, the extensive use of this technique with the Chipmunks, coupled with their popularity, linked this technique to them. The term "chipmunk-voiced" has entered the American vernacular to describe any artificially high-pitched voice. A similar effect could be obtained in playback by merely taking an LP recorded at 33 1/3 RPM and playing it back at 45 or 78 RPM, a trick sometimes tried out by ordinary record listeners. The instrumenta...
This is the complete discography of Alvin and the Chipmunks. 1. For a list of original songs by The Chipmunks & The Chipettes, click here. 1. For a list of songs by another artist covered by The Chipmunks & The Chipettes, click here.