Steve Rogers was born on July 4, 1918, in Brooklyn, New York, to Sarah Rogers. His father, a member of the 107th Infantry Regiment , was killed by mustard gas during the First World War . He was raised by his mother, a nurse, who died of tuberculosis , leaving Rogers alone at the age of eighteen.
People also ask
How old is Steve Rogers?
How did Steve Rogers become the leader of the Avengers?
How did Steve Rogers get attached to the shield?
What is Steve Rogers alter ego?
Steve, Steven, or Stephen Rogers may refer to: . Steve Rogers, also known as Captain America, a Marvel comic book character . Steve Rogers (Marvel Cinematic Universe) Stephen H. Rogers (born 1930), American ambassador
Captain Steven Rogers, the 18th century Earth-616 ancestor of the World War 2 Super-Soldier serum recipient, wore a colorful costume and carried a round cast iron shield. Bob Russo, "Scar" Turpin, and Roscoe Simmons
Steven Rogers is an American screenwriter from Seattle, Washington. Rogers has written the screenplays for a number of films, including Hope Floats (1998), Stepmom (1998), Kate & Leopold (2001), P.S. I Love You (2007) and Love the Coopers (2015). In 2017, he wrote and produced a biographical dark comedy about Tonya Harding, entitled I, Tonya.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Thomas Rogers Stevens (born 31 October 1970) is an American guitarist, best known for being a founding member of the alternative rock band Blind Melon. He has also been a member of the bands Extra Virgin and The Tender Trio, and is an attorney.
Captain Steven Grant "Steve" Rogers is a World War II veteran, a founding member of the Avengers, and Earth 's first known superhero. Rogers grew up suffering from numerous health problems, and upon America's entry into World War II, he was rejected from serving in the United States Army despite several attempts to enlist.
- Powers and Abilities
- Links and References
Steve Rogers was born July 4, 1922, to poor Irish immigrant parents, Sarah and Joseph Rogers. Rogers grew up a frail youth during the Great Depression in New York City, New York, America. Little else is known about Rogers' early life other than the fact that a strong sense of duty, honor, and humility was instilled in him; perhaps due to his Irish Catholic upbringing. Rogers' father died when he was a child and his mother died from pneumonia later, when he was in his late teens.
Captain America is traditionally seen as one of the greatest heroes in the universe. He is a righteous and brave man who always wanted to see the good in people. From even before his origins as a superhero, Steve has always devoted himself to the protection of the weak and the defense of freedom and justice.In spite of his virtues, however, Cap has been plagued by his status as man out of time. Remembering his days as a soldier in World War II, Cap worried that his idealism might be considere...
Super-Soldier Serum: The Super-Soldier Serum (SSS) metabolized and permanently enhanced all of Rogers' bodily functions to the peak of human efficiency, and is the most perfect human in existence. Dr. Abraham Erskine has stated Rogers' enhanced condition is \\"second to none,\\" and described its potential as being \\"the next step in human evolution,\\" while still remaining completely human, but often called the \\"perfect man.\\" Nick Fury's intel classified him as Power Level 8. 1. Artificially Enhan...
Captain America's Uniform: As Captain America he wears a uniform of woven chain armor of industrial strength durability, and at one point is said to be bulletproof.Utility Belt: Rogers wears a utility belt containing mission-specific equipment such as a first aid kit (containing tweezers, antiseptic gel coated band aids, bone and muscle pain reliever spray cans and antidotes for some toxins.), military cable, smoke grenades, lock picks, grenades, and several other materials.
1. Captain America's official membership status in the Avengers charter has been subject to revision. Initially, he was considered the team's first recruit after the founders, and was reported as such in many publications. The Avengers Charter, published in Avengers Annual #13, was signed by the Hulk and the other founders, not Cap. In Avengers #347, Iron Man also \\"pulled rank\\" on Captain America on Hala, claiming to be the \\"only founding member present.\\" 1. Beginning with Avengers Vol 3 #4,...
1. Joe Simon initially considered calling his new character \\"Super American.\\" He quickly changed it to \\"Captain America,\\" arguing that there were too many \\"Supers\\" and not a lot of \\"Captains\\" in comics. 2. Captain America was one of the characters featured in Series A of the Marvel Value Stamps issued in the 1970's. 3. In 1996's DC vs. Marvel, Batman fought against Captain America. Their fight was a draw until the sewer where they were fighting got flooded. The current knocked both combatant...
1. 3,498 Appearances of Steven Rogers (Earth-616) 2. 432 Minor Appearances of Steven Rogers (Earth-616) 3. Media Steven Rogers (Earth-616) was Mentioned in 4. 2,942 Images featuring Steven Rogers (Earth-616) 5. 479 Quotations by or about Steven Rogers (Earth-616) 6. Character Gallery: Steven Rogers (Earth-616) 7. Steven Rogers (Earth-616) at Marvel.com 8. Steven Rogers (Earth-616) at Wikipedia.org 9. Toybiz archive 10. Captain America (Steven Rogers) at Comicvine.com 11. Captain America in M...
- Character Traits
- Powers and Abilities
- Behind The Scenes
Steven Grant Rogers was born in Brooklyn, New York on July 4th, 1918 to Sarah and Joseph Rogers. His father was an Army soldier who fought and died in the First World War. His mother, a nurse, died of tuberculosis. Young orphan, Steve is attacked by bullies in Hell’s Kitchen. However, Steve's resiliency, despite his small stature, inspires a young James Barnes to come to his aid and fight off the bullies. The two then become friends. Years later during an art class, Steve and Bucky find out t...
In Captain America: The First Avenger, Steve has always had an extremely brave, noble and honest spirit, intolerant towards injustice and abuse of power, while also being extremely stubborn and with a narrow focus. Since he was formerly weak and small, he has learned on his own what true strength is, and vowed to protect defenseless people at the risk of his own life. Even before his transformation, Steve is an overwhelmingly self-sacrificing young man, willing to literally throw himself in t...
1. Artificially Enhanced Physiology: After being injected with the Super Soldier Serum, metabolized and enhanced all of Steve's body natural abilities to the absolute peak of human potential. Colonel Chester Phillips describes the Strategic Scientific Reserve (SSR) program as the means of creating the first in a new line of Super Soldier to win WWII. Dr. Abraham Erskine chose Steven Rogers as the first test subject. With the aid of a machine and Howard Stark, Dr. Erskine injects Rogers with...
1. Uniform: Steve and Howard Stark both design the suit he wore during World War II. It was made of carbon polymer and it offers a medium level of resistance to gunfire. The helmet also served as a mask. And allows for a sidearm. The shield could be attached to the back. S.H.I.E.L.D. designed his new upgraded suit, it has more flexibility and mobility than his previous suit. The new suit carries a wireless communicator. The uniform is composed of a Nomex and Kevlar fiber. After the Battle of...
1. Strategic Scientific Reserve 1. Peggy Carter - Ally, friend and later wife; deceased. 2. Abraham Erskine - Mentor figure, attending physician and creator of Super Soldier serum; deceased. 3. Chester Phillips - Commanding officer; deceased. 4. Lorraine - Ally. 5. Howard Stark - Ally, friend and quartermaster; deceased. 2. Howling Commandos 1. Dum Dum Dugan - Ally. 2. James Falsworth - Ally and teammate; deceased. 3. Jim Morita - Ally and teammate; deceased. 4. Gabe Jones - Ally and teammat...
1. Marvel Cinematic Universe (15 films) 1. Captain America: The First Avenger (First appearance) - Chris Evans 2. Agent Carter (Recycled footage) - Chris Evans. 3. The Incredible Hulk (Referenced only) 4. The Avengers - Chris Evans 5. Iron Man 3 (Mentioned only; deleted scene) 6. Thor: The Dark World (Cameo; Loki disguised) - Chris Evans 7. Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Chris Evans 8. Avengers: Age of Ultron - Chris Evans 9. Ant-Man - Chris Evans 10. Captain America: Civil War - Chri...
1. Abraham Erskine: \\"Do you want to kill Nazis?\\" 2. Steve Rogers: \\"I don't want to kill anyone. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.\\" 1. Red Skull: \\"What makes you so special?\\" 2. Steve Rogers: \\"Nothing. I'm just a kid from Brooklyn.\\" 1. Erskine on Rogers: \\"A weak man knows the value of strength, and knows... compassion.\\" 1. USO's tagline for Captain America: \\"The Star Spangled Man with a Plan\\". 1. Steve Rogers: \\"You know, the last time I was in Germany, and saw a man stand...
1. Digital processing was used to make Chris Evans look small and skinny for the pre-Super Soldier Serum scenes in Captain America: The First Avenger. 2. Paul Warren (an experienced film double and actor mostly known for roles wearing prosthetics) was used in pre-production to help develop the 'Skinny Steve Rogers' effect by CGI supervisor, Christopher Townsend, as well as one of the 'Skinny Steve' on set stand-ins. English Shakespearean trained stage actor, Leander Deeny, was used as the on...
1. Before Chris Evans was cast as Captain America, Sam Worthington and Will Smith were in early talks for the role of Captain America. Later on Garrett Hedlund, Channing Tatum, Scott Porter, Mike Vogel, Sebastian Stan, Wilson Bethel, John Krasinski, Michael Cassidy, Chace Crawford, Derek Theler and Jensen Ackles were on the final shortlist for the role. Kellan Lutz, Ryan Phillippe and Alexander Skarsgård carried out auditions in case Evans wasn't going to do the role. Stan would later be cas...
- Powers and Abilities
- Links and References
Steve Rogers grew up in Brooklyn during the Great Depression, a scrawny kid protected from neighborhood bullies by his best friend James \\"Bucky\\" Barnes and eventually was orphaned. Horrified by newsreel footage of the Nazis in Europe, Rogers was inspired to enlist in the Army around the time the United States entered World War II, but because time and again he failed the physical tests, he was rejected. His luck changed during another visit to Recruitment Center in 1942 when Military Sergeant...
Rogers possesed differing morals from his 616 counterpart, showing no hesitation in performing 'shoot first and ask questions later' style operations. He possessed more of a \\"All-American\\" attitude and did not often questions anything that his government told him to do. Steven Rogers was seemingly anti-French, presumably because during World War II, people that served against the Nazi army, saw the French as being weak and utter defeatists after Nazi Germany quickly conquered France. Furtherm...
Super-Soldier Serum Treatment: Rogers has underwent extensive experimental hormonal treatments to become a genetically perfected \\"super-soldier\\". Dr. Erskine noted in his log that the Super-Soldier Serum succeed on Rogers may be attributed to \\"pure intent of the subject's will.\\" 1. Superhuman Strength: Captain America's physical strength is enhanced to superhuman levels. He is strong enough to lift at least 2-5 tons and much more if he pushes; for instance, Nick Fury stated that Steve could \\"...
1. Captain America's Uniform: Captain America's suit was made of a Vibranium breast plate and bulletproof Kevlar. He additionally carried tactical devices and other items that a particular scenario may call for in his utility belt.
1. The Ultimate Captain America's costume appearance was used for the character design of his MCU counterpart, who is portrayed by an actor, Chris Evans in Captain America: The First Avenger, Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Captain America: Civil War. However, most of the costumes and characteristics of his MCU counterpart is akin to his Earth-616 counterpart. 2. Steve Rogers was President of the United States, similar to his Zombiverse counterpart and Earth-81426 counterpart.
1. Rogers was once voted Sexiest Man in America. 2. Rogers attended Tony Stark's bachelor party but as it was held at a strip joint he refused to go inside and instead waited outside to make sure Janet got home safe. 3. Before Rogers became a Super Soldier he was short, thin and had a 'gimpy' leg that required him to walk with a cane. 4. According to Nick Fury, since he was defrosted Steve had been addicted to modern daytime TV. 5. Rogers reportedly hated the French.
1. 176 Appearances of Steven Rogers (Earth-1610) 2. 9 Minor Appearances of Steven Rogers (Earth-1610) 3. Media Steven Rogers (Earth-1610) was Mentioned in 4. 228 Images featuring Steven Rogers (Earth-1610) 5. 26 Quotations by or about Steven Rogers (Earth-1610) 6. Character Gallery: Steven Rogers (Earth-1610) 7. Marvel Directory
- related to: anchiale wikipedia steven rogers