Oct 12, 2022 · Read below for information on 14 different animals that start with the letter Z, from Zebra to Zorse. The most popular animal that starts with Z is the zonkey, the least popular is the zebra shark. Some fun facts about Z name animals include: Both the Zorse and Zonkey are both crossbred animals. Zorses have one zebra and one horse parent.
There are 75 major breeds of Zebu, generally split between...
- Animals That Start With N
Key Points: Night snakes are easily mistaken for young...
- Zebra Shark
Purchasing through these helps us further the A-Z Animals...
- Zapata Wren. Scientists consider the zapata wren, also known by its scientific name herminia cerverai, an endangered species. The bird is native to the Zapata Swamp in western Cuba along the freshwater sawgrass marshes.
- Zebra. In the U.S., the zebra is most commonly known through visits to local zoos. But this horse-like creature is more common in the 15 African countries where it is native.
- Zebra Duiker. While not as well known as its fellow horse-like ungulate, the zebra duiker shares the familiar striped coloring. The brown and tan deer-like animal features black or dark brown vertical stripes.
- Zebra Finch. The tiny zebra finch is a bird that is native to Australia but also migrates to Puerto Rico and Portugal. This finch earned its name from the distinctive black stripes along with its white breast.
A full alphabetical list of popular animal names that begin with the letter Z for toddlers and preschool kids. Zebra. Zebra finch. Zebrafish. Zebu. Zigzag salamander. Zokor.
- Animals That Start with Z: Pictures & Facts
- Zebra Duiker
- Zebrafish / Zebra Danio
- Animals That Start with Z: Conclusion
On this page you’ll find a list of amazing animals beginning with z, together with pictures and interesting facts about each animal. Below many of the animals are links that you can follow for further information, pictures and videos. Included in this list are individual species (e.g. zebra duiker) and well-known groups of species (e.g. zorros) who...
Zebras are members of the horse family Equidae. There are three species of zebra: the plains zebra, mountain zebra and Grévy’s zebra. All have distinctive black and white stripes, the pattern of which are uniqueto each individual. The plains zebra is the commonest and most widespread zebra; the endangered Grévy’s zebra is the world’s largest wild h...Scientific Name: Cephalophus zebraConservation Status: VulnerableScientific Name: Danio rerioConservation Status: Least Concern
Zokors are burrowing rodents found in China, Kazakhstan and Russia. The six species of zokor make up the subfamily Myospalacinae. Zokors resemble, and are related to, blind mole rats. Unlike blind mole rats, who dig with their teeth, zokors use their claws. Zokors are covered with short fur, and have no external ears.Scientific Name: Ictonyx striatusConservation Status: Least Concern
Zorro is the Spanish name for species of the genus Lycalopex, otherwise known as the South American Foxes. Zorros are not true foxes, and are more closely related to wolves and jackals. (The ‘true foxes are of the genus Vulpes.) There are six species of zorro. They include the culpeo, which is the second largest member of the dog family (Canidae) i...
We hope that this page has helped you find out about some amazing animals beginning with z. Continue your exploration of the animal kingdom by checking out the following pages:
- Zambezi Flapshell Turtle. Zambezi flapshell turtles are a species of softshell turtle in the family Trionychidae. Within their family, this species belongs to the small Old World subfamily Cyclanorbinae.
- Zoe’s Imperial Pigeon. Zoe’s imperial pigeons, also known as the banded imperial pigeons, are a species of the Columbidae bird family. They are found in New Guinea, and their natural habitats are subtropical or tropical moist lowland forests, mangrove forests, and montane forests.
- Zimmerman’s Poison Frog. Just like other poisonous animals, Zimmerman’s poison frog has a yellowish-green color. Apart from the yellow-green color, the frogs also feature pale green, orange, bright yellow, or even copper.
- Zebra Duiker. Zebra duiker is a small antelope found only in some parts of the world, namely West Africa, the Ivory Coast, and parts of Sierra Leone. When zebra duikers are born, they are bluish, and their stripes are closer.
Jan 23, 2023 · AZ Animals is a growing team of animals experts, researchers, farmers, conservationists, writers, editors, and -- of course -- pet owners who have come together to help you better understand the animal kingdom and how we interact.