- Early Life
Popplewell, eldest of three children, is the daughter of Andrew Popplewell and Dr. Debra Lomas, a dermatologist. She was born in London. She has two younger actor siblings: Lulu Popplewell, who starred as Daisy in Love Actually, and Freddie Popplewell, who starred as Michael Darling in the film Peter Pan. Her paternal grandfather, Sir Oliver Popplewell, is a distinguished former judge. She attended North London Collegiate School and was senior student 2006-2007. She was admitted to the University of Oxford in July 2007 and began a career in English and English Literature in September of the same year. She earned her degree in September 2010.
Popplewell began acting at the age of six, taking classes at the Allsorts Drama School. She began acting professionally in the TV production Frenchman's Creek in 1998. She made her film debut in 1999 in the film Mansfield Park and has since appeared in supporting roles in films like The Little Vampire (2000) and Girl with a Pearl Earring (2003) with Scarlett Johansson. In 2001, she appeared as Victoria in the BBC serial Love in a Cold Climate. Her first major role was in the film The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005), where she played Susan Pevensie. She has a phobia of mice, which required a double to do part of her scene at the Stone Table in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. She reprised her role in the sequel, The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, in which she acted with William Moseley, Skandar Keynes, Georgie Henley, and Ben Barnes. The film opened in cinemas 16 May 2008. She also made a cameo appearance in the third Narnia film, The Ch...
1. Character and Morality in Entertainment Awards (Camie Awards) for Susan Pevensie in The Chronicles of Narnia  2. Best Ensemble Acting for The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe from the Camie Awards  3. Cuppers Prize, Best Supporting Actress for Five Kinds of Silence 
1. Best Movie Choice Actress award from The Teen Choice Awards  2. Best Film Star at Nickelodeon UK Kids' Choice Awards  3. Young Artist Awards, Best Performace in a Feature Film-Young Ensemble Cast for The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian  4. Best Female Performance: Drama for Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn at 3rd Annual Streamy Awards She played in 7 theater plays: Busy Malone, Five Kinds of Silence, Macbeth, Spring Awakening, Indian Ink, Buried Child and The Blue Room.She learned to play the cello while attending school.Her favorite color is blue.She has been riding horses since the age of 5.
- Life & Career
Born in London, England, Anna Popplewell was enrolled in acting at a young age and quickly made a name for herself among young Hollywood’s elite. In 2005, Anna starred in her first lead role as Susan Pevensie in the Oscar award-winning film series The Chronicles of Narnia. Her work within the first film The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe was awarded with the Character and Morality in Entertainment Award for the “Best Performance in the Cast." She also portrays the lead role of Beth in the film Passengers (2014). In February 2013, Anna Popplewell was cast as Lola, Mary’s Lady-in-Waiting. In June of 2016 she exited the series with her character's death.Appeared in the October 2013 issue of Glamour magazineIt's on her Bucket List to live in New York.
When practicing archery with Narcisse, Lola claimed she never held a bow. In real life, Anna Popplewell played Queen Susan in "The Chronicles of Narnia", a character famous for the use of her bow a...
Reign (TV Series 2013–2017) Anna Popplewell as Lola, Lola Narcisse
Anna Katherine Popplewell (born 16 December 1988) is an English actress. She portrayed Susan Pevensie throughout The Chronicles of Narnia film series, Chyler Silva in Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn (2012), and Lady Lola in Reign (2013–2016).
Oct 18, 2013 · Anna Popplewell talks about Reign. Every product on this page was chosen by a Harper's BAZAAR editor. We may earn commission on some of the items you choose to buy.
- Romy Oltuski
People also ask
Who is Anna Popplewell?
How old is Anna Popplewell from The Chronicles of Narnia?
How old was Emily Popplewell when she started acting?
What movies has Lola Popplewell been in?
Get to know more about Anna Popplewell from Reign.For more from M3, follow us!Website: http://m3tv.caTwitter: http://twitter.com/m3tvFacebook://facebook.com/...
Anna Popplewell, Actress: The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. Anna Popplewell was born on December 16, 1988 in London, England as Anna Katherine Popplewell. She is an actress, known for The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005), The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (2008) and Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn (2012). She is also known for her ...
Nov 07, 2014 · Reign star Anna Popplewell (Lola) got her big break playing Susan Pevensie in the Narnia series and this week, she went back to her Narnia warrior princess roots and her Katnissian bow and arrow...
- Cortney Drakeford
- Adelaide Kane. Adelaide Kane played the role of Mary, Queen of Scots on The CW series “Reign.” The actress is pictured attending the TIFF/InStyle/HFPA Party on Sept.
- Toby Regbo. Although his role as King Francis came to an end, Regbo has continued to land a variety of roles in including the film “Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald.”
- Megan Follows. Her role as the scheming Catherine de’ Medici on “Regin” may be over, but Follows’ career continues to thrive. Three years after the series finale, Follows has appeared on shows like “October Faction,” and “Wynonna Earp.”
- Torrance Coombs. Torrance Coombs attends played the role of Sebastian on The CW series “Reign.” The actor is pictured attending Natalie Zfat’s Summer Dinner Party on June 21, 2016 in Los Angeles.
- related to: anna popplewell reign