Anne Meara Stiller (September 20, 1929 – May 23, 2015) was an American actress and comedian. Along with her husband Jerry Stiller, she was one-half of a prominent 1960s comedy team, Stiller and Meara. Their son is actor Ben Stiller. She was also featured on stage, in television, and in numerous films, and later she became a playwright.
Anne Meara, Actress: Night at the Museum. The incredibly gifted comedienne-actress Anne Meara is known for her comedic efforts alongside husband-comedian, Jerry Stiller; together, they were 'Stiller and Meara'; they were original members of the improvisational company, the Compass Players, which later evolved as the Second City Theater. They gained popularity with their skits on The Ed ...
Anne Meara was the only child of Edward Joseph Meara (1893-1980) and Mary (nee Dempsey) Meara (1894-1941). Mary Meara committed suicide when her daughter was 12 years old. She and husband Jerry Stiller appeared on The Ed Sullivan Show (1948) as Stiller and Meara every two months for a total of 36 times.
May 25, 2015 · Anne Meara, who was half of one of the most successful male-female comedy teams of all time and who went on to enjoy a long and diverse career as an actress and, late in life, a playwright, died on...
- She Passed Away at Age 85 of Natural Causes. On May 25, 2015, Meara passed away at age 85. She suffered multiple strokes in her later years but eventually died of natural causes.
- She Was Nominated for 4 Emmy Awards & a Tony Award. Over the course of her career, Meara was nominated for four Emmys and won a Writers Guild Award as a co-writer for the 1983 TV movie, “The Other Woman.”
- Stiller & Meara Were Regulars on ‘The Ed Sullivan Show’ Video Video related to anne meara, jerry stiller’s wife: 5 fast facts you need to know 2020-05-11T08:58:08-04:00.
- She Became a Playwright in the Latter Part of Her Career. In 1995, Meara forayed into writing. Her comedy play, “After-Play” became an Off-Broadway sensation.
May 23, 2015 · LOS ANGELES (AP) — Anne Meara, the loopy, lovable comedian who launched a standup career with husband Jerry Stiller in the 1950s and found success as an actress in films, on TV and the stage, has...
May 23, 2015 · Actress. Along with her husband Jerry Stiller, she was half of the Stiller and Meara comedy team. She was the mother of actress Amy Stiller and actor Ben Stiller. Born to parents of Irish descent, her father was an attorney, her mother committed suicide when Anne was eleven years old. After deciding to pursue a career...
- 20 Sep 1929, Brooklyn, Kings County (Brooklyn), New York, USA
- 23 May 2015 (aged 85), Manhattan, New York County (Manhattan), New York, USA
- Cremated, Ashes scattered, Specifically: Hessian Lake at Bear Mountain State Park in New York
- 146921228 · View Source
May 11, 2020 · © Getty Images Inside Jerry Stiller and Anne Meara's Love Story Meara, who grew up on Long Island in a Roman Catholic family, was a stage actress who'd started her career a couple earlier after...
May 26, 2015 · Anne Meara, who died on Saturday at 85, was best known as a comedian, half of Stiller and Meara, her husband being Jerry Stiller. She was also a trained actress, skillful in both comedy and drama....
- related to: anne meara
peoplelooker.com has been visited by 100K+ users in the past month
beenverified.com has been visited by 100K+ users in the past month
mylife.com has been visited by 100K+ users in the past month