- 1. of the color between green and orange in the spectrum, a primary subtractive color complementary to blue; colored like ripe lemons or egg yolks: "curly yellow hair" Similar
- 2. cowardly: informal "he'd better get back there quick and prove he's not yellow" Similar Opposite
- 1. yellow color or pigment: "the craft detonated in a blaze of red and yellow"
- 2. any of a number of plant diseases in which the leaves turn yellow, typically caused by viruses and transmitted by insects.
- 1. become yellow, especially with age: "the cream paint was beginning to yellow"
Powered by Oxford Dictionaries