Armand Assante, Actor: Gotti. Known as an Actor's Actor, the Four time Golden Globe Nominee, Emmy Award Winning Actor ( Gotti 1996 ) Assante has received acclaim for his work for close to Five decades.
Dead Man Down. Lon Gordon. 2012. Once Upon a Time in Brooklyn. Joseph Baldano, Sr. 2009. Breaking Point (2009) Marty Berlin. 2009.
- October 4, 1949
Director: Arne Glimcher | Stars: Armand Assante, Antonio Banderas, Pablo Calogero, Scott Cohen Votes: 5,205 | Gross: $6.74M 8. 1492: Conquest of Paradise (1992)
Hands of a Stranger. Passion and Paradise. Rage of Angels: The Story Continues. Kidnapped. The Odyssey. The Hunley. L'Odyssée. After the Storm. Federal Protection.
- Hoffa. Hoffa is a 1992 French-American biographical film directed by Danny DeVito and written by David Mamet, based on...
- Q&A. Q & A is a 1990 crime film co-written and directed by Sidney Lumet, based on a novel by New York judge Edwin Torres.
- Looking for an Echo.
- Gotti. Gotti: The Rise and Fall of a Real Life Mafia Don is a 1996 HBO...
Typed as a slightly unreliable romantic leading man, Assante scored with moviegoers in "Private Benjamin" (1980) opposite Goldie Hawn and "Little Darlings" (1980) with Tatum O'Neal, but his first...
Armand Anthony Assante, Jr. is an American actor. He is perhaps best known for his roles as mobster John Gotti in the 1996 HBO television film Gotti, as Odysseus in the 1997 mini series adaptaion of Homer's The Odyssey, as Nietzsche in When Nietzsche Wept, and as Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer in 1982's I, the Jury. His performance in Gotti earned him a Primetime Emmy Award and nominations for the Golden Globe Award and the Screen Actors Guild Award.
- Judge Dredd (1995) directed by Danny Cannon. featuring Sylvester Stallone, Armand Assante, Diane Lane, Rob Schneider, Joan Chen. More Movies Like This | Add to Wishlist.
- The Road to El Dorado (2000) directed by Bibo Bergeron, Don Paul. featuring Kevin Kline, Kenneth Branagh, Rosie Perez, Armand Assante, Edward James Olmos.
- Hoffa (1992) directed by Danny DeVito. featuring Jack Nicholson, Danny DeVito, Armand Assante, J.T. Walsh, John C. Reilly. More Movies Like This | Add to Wishlist.
- Striptease (1996) directed by Andrew Bergman. featuring Demi Moore, Armand Assante, Ving Rhames, Robert Patrick, Burt Reynolds. More Movies Like This | Add to Wishlist.
- Private Benjamin 1980, 109 min. Howard Zieff • Starring: Goldie Hawn, Sam Wanamaker, Mary Kay Place. Comedy Drama • Feminist Film • Military Comedy. find this movie on ►
- Judge Dredd 1995, 96 min. Danny Cannon • Starring: Sylvester Stallone, Diane Lane, Rob Schneider. Action • Based-on-Comics • Dystopian Film. find this movie on ►
- Q & A 1990, 132 min. Sidney Lumet • Starring: Nick Nolte, Timothy Hutton, Armand Assante. Crime • Crime Drama • Drama 11 find this movie on ► Buy or Rent on iTunes.
- Prophecy 1979, 102 min. John Frankenheimer • Starring: Talia Shire, Robert Foxworth, Armand Assante. Horror • Monster Film • Natural Horror 2 find this movie on ►
- He was mentioned in The Santa Clause. This was kind of funny since it has more to do with the list that Scott Calvin is given via delivery during his transition into Santa Claus.
- He was in American Gangster. This story was really more about the life of notorious gangster Frank Lucas, who cut a swath through history back in his own time.
- He’s often given the role of a tough guy. It’s a role that he might not seem suited to play just to hear him talk but when he really gets going and gets aggressive then it becomes obvious that he can play the role of the tough guy without much prompting and can go off the chain in a way that might make you reassess whether or not he’s really capable of being more than just the charming, smooth-talking criminal that knows how to get what he wants through guile.
- He was a regular on two soap operas in the 1970s. Armand has been around for quite a while and it’s not much of a surprise that he was a soap star at one point since he does have the looks and the smooth, genuine attitude of a guy that could survive on the soap opera scene on charm alone.