- According to one study, the average depth of a vagina is about 3.77 inches, which is 9.6 centimeters (cm). Other sources suggest that the average range of size may be about 3 to 7 inches (approximately 7.6–17.7 cm) However, these variations in size are not usually apparent, even to a sexual partner. Size and appearance of the vagina
People also ask
How big is the average size of a vagina?
What is the average depth of a "woman s" vagina?
What are the characteristics of a vagina?
What ' s The average size of a vagina without a speculum?
Dimensions in the baseline state. A 1996 study by Pendergrass et al., using vinyl polysiloxane castings taken from the vaginas of 39 Caucasian women, found the following ranges of dimensions: lengths (measured using rods): 6.9 to 14.8 cm (2.7 to 5.8 in); widths: 4.8 to 6.3 cm (1.9 to 2.5 in);
Dec 16, 2014 · They found that the average length of a vagina is 9.6 centimeters (about the length of a tube of lip gloss), while the range is between 6.5 and 12.5 centimeters. As for the width, the most recent...
Jan 12, 2020 · According to one study, the average depth of a vagina is about 3.77 inches, which is 9.6 centimeters (cm). Other sources suggest that the average range of size may be about 3 to 7 inches...
- Rachel Nall, MSN, CRNA
The average linear length of the vagina was 62.7 mm with a relatively large range (40.8–95 mm). It was noted that the width of the vagina varies throughout its length. The transverse diameter of the vagina is the highest at the level of the vaginal fornices (41.87 mm).
- Kurt T. Barnhart, Adriana Izquierdo, E. Scott Pretorius, David M. Shera, Mayadah Shabbout, Alka Shau...
They ranged from 2.8-3.1 inches unaroused, 3.7-4.1 inches when aroused, and 4.3-4.7 inches when aroused and with a speculum inserted. Meaning, my dear friends, vaginas are very resilient.
- Ali Drucker
Jul 20, 2011 · They looked at 100 women who had never been pregnant and found that vagina lengths, unstimulated, range from 2.75 inches to about 3¼ inches. When a woman is aroused, it increased to 4.25 inches to...
- Tammy Worth
- Annamarya Scaccia
- How long is the vaginal canal? Not that long. On average, the vaginal canal is three to six inches long. If you need a visual aid, that’s roughly the length of your hand.
- Does it get longer when you’re aroused? When you’re having sex, your vaginal canal can get longer to accommodate penetration. Sexual arousal forces your cervix and uterus to lift up and out of the way, which causes the upper two-thirds of your vagina to lengthen.
- How does it stretch for childbirth? Your vaginal canal and the opening of your vagina will stretch a great deal to allow a baby to pass through. Some women who give birth may notice a change in their vagina, such as it feeling loose or dry, or looking wider than before.
- So the vagina can’t get permanently stretched out? No, not at all. That’s one major misconception about vaginas — it isn’t possible to permanently stretch them out.
Jan 20, 2017 · The average depth of a vagina is 4 inches deep. This size is actually quite small, but it is important to note that this is the size of the vagina when not aroused. The vagina is elastic and it expands or becomes smaller depending on the situation.
- Max. D Gray
- related to: average size of a human vagiana
marthastewart.com has been visited by 100K+ users in the past month