3 days ago · Bear McCreary confirmed that he would compose music for the series in July 2013. Unlike on some of his previous scores, ABC and Marvel allowed McCreary to work with a full symphonic orchestra,  typically featuring 50 or 70 players,  with over 90 for "important" episodes. 
3 days ago · Bear McCreary is the most recent composer to work on the series as he composed the music for 2018's God of War. God of War (PlayStation Soundtrack) was released on April 20, 2018, by Sony Classical Records. McCreary composed completely new music for the game, not reusing any music from the Greek era.
3 days ago · The show is based on the comic book series, The Walking Dead by Robert Kirkman, Tony Moore and Charlie Adlard. The series follows Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes, sheriff's deputy. Rick wakes up in a hospital after being in a coma to find the world is filled with "walkers". These walkers are similar to the zombies of George A. Romero's horror ...
The poem "Song" was an inspiration for Bear McCreary to write his musical composition When I Am Dead, published in 2015. Two of Rossetti's poems, "Where Sunless Rivers Weep" and "Weeping Willow" were set to music by Barbara Arens in her All Beautiful & Splendid Things: 12 + 1 Piano Songs on Poems by Women (2017, Editions Musica Ferrum ).
- Christina Georgina Rossetti, 5 December 1830, London, England
- 29 December 1894 (aged 64), London, England
3 days ago · The Professor and the Madman is a 2019 biographical drama film directed by Farhad Safinia (under the pseudonym P. B. Shemran), from a screenplay by Safinia and Todd Komarnicki based on the 1998 book The Surgeon of Crowthorne (published in the United States as The Professor and the Madman) by Simon Winchester.
Jan 09, 2021 · Il compositore della colonna sonora è Bear McCreary, già autore delle musiche di serie TV quali Battlestar Galactica e The Walking Dead. McCreary ha spiegato che per lui è una sfida riuscire a far sentire il tema principale in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. dal momento che la serie non ha dei tradizionali titoli di testa.
3 days ago · Family Game Funness 27:22 August 5, 2011 James Rolfe and Pat Contri play a selection of family-oriented NES games such as Pictionary, Bible Buffet, Family Feud, and MTV's Remote Control. River City Ransom: 2:30 October 22, 2011 The Nerd provides a mini-review of River City Ransom for the 2nd Annual NES Marathon. Bubble Bobble: 4:33 October 21, 2012
- Official Statements
- Guest Stars
1. A mixed Cylon and human work force is making repairs to Galactica using the organic resin Galen Tyrol described. William Adamaasks if he can touch it. After doing so, he asks Tyrol if it is alive. 2. In Dogsville, a group of Marines are distributing food. The civilians in line become rather unruly, pushing and shoving despite the Marines assurances that "everyone will get their share." 3. Caprica-Sixis walking nearby with her head covered. She is recognized by a group of civilians who atta...
1. In the wardroom, Ellen is speaking with President Roslin, Lee Adama, Colonel Tigh and Admiral Adama. She reports that the destruction of the Resurrection Hub has resulted in Number One becoming psychologically unbalanced as he does not feel biological procreation can assure Cylon survival. Noting the wary look on all of their faces she says that she is still the same Ellen and asks if anyone has a flask. Adama hands her one. She reports that Boomer helped her escape and hopes they won't tr...
1. Adama is once again inspecting a work area. 2. In sick bay, an Eight, a Six, Tory Foster, Tigh, and Tyrol are visiting Anders. Cottle tells them not to unplug anything. Ellen enters and says that this was "how it was" as she gently brushes Sam's cheek. The Six tells her that the others are considering jumping away and starting a new life with the Final Five. Tigh is incredulous at the suggestion that they abandon the fleet. The Eight says they are not safe there, mentioning the attack on C...The rebel Cylons have now taken to putting up photos in the Memorial hallwayof those who have died since the start of the alliance.Baltar's Messenger Six appears for the first time since "Escape Velocity", discounting a deleted farewell scene from "The Road Less Traveled" (included on the DVD release) that now appears to be moot.More so than previous episodes, "Deadlock" establishes that the rebel Cylons now have freedom of movement, at least aboard Galactica, with Caprica-Six seen visiting Dogsville(for reasons unknown),...Cylon pilots have begun participating in the CAP with Heavy Raiders, presumably because of a shortage of Colonial pilots. As explained by Ronald D. Moore in his podcast for this episode, surviving...Foster's plan to rebuild a pure Cylon society seems ill-considered even in light of the unborn Tigh baby. There is no evidence that pairings of Number Twos with Number Sixes or Number Eights will s...In this episode, Ellen Tigh shows more characteristics of the "old Ellen", though she is still more intelligent and compassionate. Adama once saidthat Ellen brings out Saul's worst instincts; obvio...After Ellen Tigh exits the Raptor, she meets with William Adama, Lee Adama, Laura Roslin, and Saul Tigh just like she did after she exited a Raptor in Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down.
1. Are the Cylons now flying regular joint CAPs with Galactica's vipers? (Answer) 2. Has Sharon "Boomer" Valerii genuinely under her own free will defected with Ellen Tigh from Cavil or is she part of a plot by Cavil either voluntarily under her own free will or programmed? Alternately is she a dupe under her own free will but Cavil knowing how the Eight model acts and Sharon Valerii in particular so well he manipulated her in to "escaping" with Ellen for his own purposes? Is she working for...
1. What will be the consequences of Baltar's cult being given access to weapons? 2. How did the Cylons imagine they could take Anders aboard their Baseship without Thrace's approval? 3. Why has Anders' brain suddenly started showing activity again? What is his exact condition? Does he still possess his Cylon memories? 4. What was the biological cause of Liam's death? 5. Is Tyrol able to identify the Eight piloting the Raptor as Boomer due to his personal experience with her, or by the previou...Aaron Douglas addresses the Chief's vote on his livejournal community: Galen does not believe that he and the other Cylons will ever be accepted in the fleet.In the Podcast for this episode, RDM mentions that the remaining mutineers (Racetrack, Skulls, etc) were deported to the prison ship the Astral Queen.Kate Vernon as Ellen TighDonnelly Rhodes as Dr. Sherman CottleRekha Sharma as Tory FosterRoark Critchlow as Slick(credited as Piano Player)
19 hours ago · Opposition to the practice of sati by British Christian evangelists, such as William Carey, and Hindu reformers such as Ram Mohan Roy, ultimately led the British Governor-General of India Lord William Bentinck to enact the Bengal Sati Regulation, 1829, declaring the practice of burning or burying alive of Hindu widows to be punishable by the ...
- Video Games
- See Also
Godzilla is consistently referred to as "Gojira" (ゴジラ) by the character Ishiro Serizawa, although other characters eventually begin referring to him by his English name "Godzilla." Godzilla: Awakening reveals that "Gojira" is a name from Pacific island myths, and is applied to the monster by Serizawa's father Eiji, the scientist who discovered him. Monarch gave Godzilla's species the designation "Species 5146_Adam" after uncovering and analyzing the skeleton of another member of his kind. In Godzilla: King of the Monsters, Godzilla is given the Titan designation Titanus Gojiraby Monarch. The form Godzilla takes on in the climax of Godzilla: King of the Monsters as he reaches critical mass is given the name Burning Godzilla (バーニング・ゴジラ, Bāningu Gojira), the same name used for Godzilla's critical state from Godzilla vs. Destoroyah, in the short "Monster 101" bonus feature focused on the monster. Michael Dougherty refers to it as such during his audio commentary of the film, but alterna...
Monarch describes Godzilla's behavior as that of a "protector," calling him an "ancient guardian of the natural world."While Monarch initially considered Godzilla to be a threat, it now considers him the potential greatest defender of the planet, as he emerges to battle any aggressors which threaten the balance of nature. Whenever Godzilla is not enraged and in combat, Monarch describes him as "slow, graceful, inquisitive even." In Legendary Pictures' Godzilla, Godzilla's behavior seems to be that of a territorial animal. Ishiro Serizawa theorizes Godzilla is the driving force to restore balance to nature whenever that balance is disrupted, suggesting that he essentially considers the entire Earth to be his territory. However, unlike previous incarnations, he doesn't blatantly attack or plow through ships at sea simply because they are there. In fact, with larger ships like aircraft carriers, he simply dives down under them. Even when he is attacked by the military, he doesn't notic...
In Godzilla: Awakening, the prequel to Legendary Pictures' Godzilla, Godzilla was explained to be an ancient life form from the Permian period, having survived various extinction events by consuming geothermal radiation in a hibernation-like state at the bottom of the sea. Godzilla was theorized by Ishiro Serizawato have been the alpha predator of his ecosystem and prevented the other species from overpopulating and overrunning the world, acting as a force of nature that maintained balance.
The MonsterVerse Godzilla retains the character's trademark atomic breath. While he seems to use it as a weapon of last resort rather than as his primary weapon in his battle with the MUTOs, he uses it more frequently in his battles with King Ghidorah. When Godzilla charges his atomic breath, he draws energy from his bio-nuclear circulatory system which activates when he is threatened. This triggers a neutron flux that manifests as a blue glow which slowly moves from the tip of his tail up hi...
Godzilla possesses a symbiotic bond with Mothra. The two are able to communicate using sonar over great distances, with Mothra using this ability to locate Godzilla and lead Monarch to his location to revive him. After King Ghidorah disintegrates Mothra with his Gravity Beams, her life energy rains down into the wounded Godzilla, imbuing him with increased power that causes his skin to crack and glow orange while emitting incredibly intense heat. In this empowered state, known as Burning Godz...
The MonsterVerse Godzilla possesses a variation of the character's nuclear pulse ability, which he uses in his final confrontation with MUTO Prime. Once MUTO Prime is stunned by the ORCA, Godzilla lifts it onto his back and fires a concentrated shockwave of atomic energy from his shattered dorsal plates. This pulse launches MUTO Prime into the air and renders it helpless enough for Godzilla to finish it off by crushing its head. Godzilla utilizes a more powerful version of the attack in his f...
When creating Godzilla's new roar, sound designers Erik Aadahl and Ethan Van der Ryn embarked on a process of experimentation similar to the development of Godzilla's roar for the original 1954 film. They tried animal sounds, and reproduced the glove-on-strings method used to create the original Godzilla roar, but were not happy with the results. They spent six months over a three-year period trying to create a roar that would fit the new Godzilla, using scientific microphones that record above the range of human hearing and then taking the ultrasonic sounds and pitching and slowing them down. In Godzilla: King of the Monsters, Godzilla's roars are merged with various classic roars from the Showa era, including the roar from the 1954 film at one instance. In-universe, Godzilla's roar can be heard for three milesand can reach a maximum volume of 174 decibels.The MonsterVerse Godzilla was at one point the tallest incarnation of Godzilla to appear in a film, but his height was exceeded by the Godzilla from Shin Godzilla two years later. For Godzilla: Kin...In Godzilla: King of the Monsters, the pounding sound Godzilla's dorsal fins make when they flash is taken from King Kong's weakening heartbeat from the final scene of the 1976 film.This Godzilla's fighting style and movements were primarily based on bears and komodo dragons.This is the first Godzilla to be portrayed by motion-capture, and the second to be primarily computer-generated, after the TriStar Godzilla.