www.thetoptens.com/best-indie-rock-bands/#:~:text=The Top Ten. 1 Arctic Monkeys The Arctic,rhythm guitarist, songwriter), Matt Helders (percussionist, ...read more.
- The Top Ten. 1 Arctic Monkeys The Arctic Monkeys, otherwise known as the Death Ramps , are a British indie rock band formed in 2002 in Sheffield, England. The band consists of Alex Turner (lead vocalist, songwriter, electric and rhythm guitarist), Jamie Cook (electric and rhythm guitarist, songwriter), Matt Helders (percussionist, ...read more.
People also ask
What are the best current rock bands?
What are the best band names?
What characterizes indie rock?
What are some indie rock bands?
Browse the top indie rock artists to find new music. Scrobble songs to get recommendations on tracks you'll love.
• artists (such as Creed and The Offspring) who were or are signed to indie label, but were never considered "indie rock" in the first place. • Most 1980's "college rock" and "post-punk" bands (REM, Hüsker Dü) • most, if not all, Britpop artists.
Oct 02, 2019 · Making some of the best indie songs of 2018, many of the top indie rock bands do remain loyal to the labels that took a chance on them when they were up-and-comers and stay on independent labels. Most good indie bands (and fans of the genre) are proud to say that they've eschewed the mainstream and have maintained their freedom as an indie artist.
NYC's Matador Records are perhaps the best representation of '90s indie rock, as well as an illustration of its underground/mainstream polarity. Many Matador bands, like Mary Timony's Helium, Flipper, or Thinking Fellers Union Local 282, would remain uncompromisingly rough and experimental.
Three of the four bands that are the very ESSENCE of indie rock - Sonic Youth, Dinosaur Jr., and Pavement - aren't even in top 50 (fourth one being The Smiths), so to get this comment noticed, I have to vote on a top 10 item, that is actually indie.
- Pavement. The most ineffably indie-rock band of all time, and not just because pretty much every indie band that picked up a guitar after 1992’s Slanted and Enchanted was copying them on some level.
- Sonic Youth. Sonic Youth was the coolest band when it emerged out of the noisy New York art-rock scene in the early ’80s—and it still was when the group broke up three decades later.
- Pixies. With their aggressively angular sound, grad-student looks, and frequent lyrical references to conspiracy theories and surrealist art films from the silent movie era, the Pixies were never going to be rock stars in their own time.
- Neutral Milk Hotel. In 1998, this Athens, Georgia, group released its second album, In the Aeroplane Over the Sea, that wove together twee pop, archaic Appalachian folk music, thrift-store orchestral arrangements and dreamily hallucinatory lyrics about Jesus, Anne Frank and reincarnation.
Discover the top indie bands before your hipster friends on We Are The Guard's best indie songs post. Hear our handpicked 2020 favs - new & unsigned right now.
This is a list of notable indie rock artists. Individual musicians are listed alphabetically by their last name. Individual musicians are listed alphabetically by their last name. This is a dynamic list and may never be able to satisfy particular standards for completeness.