- 1. Northanger Abbey (2007)
- 2. Sense and Sensibility (1995)
- 3. Pride and Prejudice (2005)
- 4. Bridget Jones’ Diary (2001)
- 5. Clueless (1995)
People also ask
What movies has Jane Austen been in?
What are the best Jane Austen adaptations?
Who dubs Jane Austen's Emma?
Is the movie Jane Austen based on a true story?
Apr 12, 2021 · All Jane Austen Movies Ranked by Tomatometer. Material Girls (2006) #16. From Prada to Nada (2011) Austenland (2013) Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (2016) Becoming Jane (2007)
Apr 08, 2016 · Mansfield Park, 1999. Claim to fame (or infamy): One of the few Austen adaptations directed by a woman (Patricia Rozema), this film elaborates on darker, more menacing themes, such as slavery ...
- Liana Schaffner
- Persuasion (1995) An obscure pick tops this list. You could argue that the Austen novel this is based on was her best one, even though it’s not as funny.
- Clueless (1995) I liked this Americanized high-school version of Emmaback when it came out, and time has only improved it. In a little stroke of genius, Mr. Elton becomes a teenager whose first name is Elton — how much do you want to be that kid’s middle name is John?
- Love & Friendship (2016) Kate Beckinsale played Jane Austen’s Emma for British TV, and it makes all kinds of sense that she could play a character who’s an older and not necessarily wiser version of her.
- Sense and Sensibility (1995) If an American director with a flair for Jane Austen is impressive, how about a Taiwanese filmmaker? Ang Lee had done a string of carefully observed domestic comedies in his own country, and he brought that same eye to this deluxe entertainment.
55 Metascore. A modern adaptation of Jane Austen's classic novel, Pride and Prejudice, that features the lives of four unmarried daughters in an Indian family. Director: Gurinder Chadha | Stars: Martin Henderson, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Nadira Babbar, Anupam Kher. Votes: 19,977 | Gross: $6.60M. 6.
Aug 21, 2013 · 9. Northanger Abbey, 2007 (ITV movies) A sliver of a film based on Austen’s zippy send-up of the Gothic novel. Social intrigue and a visit to a spooky Abbey are seen through the wide eyes of ...
Overall, this version has one of the best-looking cast of any Austen adaptation, Emma Thompson (Elinor), Kate Winslet (Marianne), Alan Rickman (Col Brandon), Hugh Grant (Edward), etc. 4. Pride and Prejudice (1995)
10 Best Jane Austen Adaptations You Should Watch 1. Northanger Abbey (2007) 2. Sense and Sensibility (1995) 3. Pride and Prejudice (2005) 4. Bridget Jones’ Diary (2001) 5. Clueless (1995) 6. Becoming Jane (2007) 7. Persuasion (2007) 8. Emma (1996) 9. Mansfield Park (1999) 10. The Jane Austen Book ...
- Feel-Good results for best jane austen movies
- related to: best jane austen movies
9.0/10 (11 reviews)