It was the first Best Picture winner to be shot entirely in black-and-white since 1960's The Apartment. ( Schindler's List , the 1993 winner, was predominantly black-and-white but it did contain some color sequences).https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academy_Award_for_Best_Picture
4 days ago · It was the first Best Picture winner to be shot entirely in black-and-white since 1960's The Apartment. ( Schindler's List , the 1993 winner, was predominantly black-and-white but it did contain some color sequences).
3 days ago · If playing catch-up with last year's winners isn't enough for you, we've compiled a list of every best picture winner since 1927. There have been 92 best picture Oscar winners over the years, and award-winning movies can be an exciting way to walk through history.
The 2021 Academy Awards ceremony is just around the corner, and we have a full list of the 2020 winners. If playing ...
TODAY via Yahoo News
3 days ago
- Final Golden Globes Predictions: Best Actor (Drama) – Chadwick Boseman To Become First Black Posthumous WinnerVariety via AOL1 day ago
- Golden Globes Final Predictions: Best TV Actor (Comedy) – Jason Sudeikis Could Lasso a VictoryVariety via AOL2 days ago
- ‘Taipei Suicide Story’ Sweeps Top Awards At Slamdance Film FestivalDeadline via Yahoo News4 hours ago
- Golden Globes Film Predictions for the Weirdest Year Ever: Bold Picks in Every CategoryIndiewire via Yahoo News7 hours ago
- 6 Movies You Need to Watch Before the Golden Globes on SundayPureWow via AOL2 days ago
5 days ago · The name of the award has changed over time. It was first Outstanding Picture in 1927. In 1930, the name was changed to Best Picture. It is still called that today. In the list below are the winners of the award for each year. A list of the winners and other nominees is in the main article for each decade.
- ROBERT LIWANAG
- The Godfather (1972) What is left to say about The Godfather that hasn’t already been said? Francis Ford Coppola’s landmark film launched hundreds of imitators, but has yet to be equalled.
- Casablanca (1943) The first time Sam plays “As Time Goes By…” A bar full of expatriates and refugees singing “La Marseillaise…” Humphrey Bogart’s Rick and Ingrid Bergman’s Ilsa dancing to “Perfidia…” Captain Renault instructing his henchmen to round up the usual suspects… Everyone has their own favourite Casablanca moment, but one thing is certain: each one feels just right.
- Lawrence of Arabia (1962) David Lean’s semi-fictional take on the Middle East campaign during the First World War is the very definition of epic: sprawling desert landscapes, stunning 70mm cinematography, battle sequences, glorious music and one of the best-written screenplays in film history.
- The Godfather Part II (1974) Is The Godfather Part II superior to The Godfather? Ultimately, it doesn’t matter: the two films exist in tandem, each breathing a deeper meaning into the other.
People also ask
What horror movies have been nominated for Best Picture?
What animated film was nominated for Best Picture?
When did crash win Best Picture?
What was the first Western to win a Best Picture award?
Feb 19, 2021 · Welcome to our countdown of every Best Picture winner ever, from the Certified Fresh (Casablanca, Schindler’s List, Argo, Lawrence of Arabia, The Godfather, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the...
Feb 02, 2021 · How Many Past Golden Globe Best Picture Winners Have You Seen? As award season 2021 approaches and a new batch of nominated films rolls in, it seems appropriate to take a look back at the movies ...
- Chariots of Fire (1981) Easily the most confounding win of the decade, Chariots of Fire is remembered for one single moment: the race on the beach and the iconic music accompanying it.
- Driving Miss Daisy (1989) Another movie that’s slipped out of our collective unconscious, the best thing about Driving Miss Daisy on Oscar night was Jessica Tandy winning her first Academy Award.
- Ordinary People (1980) I really try to keep my own frustrations at bay when it comes to judging Ordinary People on its own merits. You see, this was the film that beat Martin Scorsese’s tremendous boxing classic, Raging Bull, on Oscar night.
- Out of Africa (1985) The 80s Best Picture winners have to own the record for longest cumulative runtime. So many of these movies stretch well beyond two hours, and a few top three.
3 days ago · In 1967, the first NAACP Image Awards ceremony was held in Beverly Hills. Since 1972, the awards ceremony has been honoring Outstanding Motion Picture winners for Black excellence in filmmaking ...
Feb 08, 2021 · Predicting the Best Picture winner is often the toughest among the 23 categories at the Oscars. We learned this at the 2020 Academy Awards. We were certain the top prize would go to “1917R…