6 days ago · It was the first Best Picture winner to be shot entirely in black-and-white since 1960's The Apartment. ( Schindler's List , the 1993 winner, was predominantly black-and-white but it did contain some color sequences).
5 days ago · There have been 92 best picture Oscar winners over the years, and award-winning movies can be an exciting way to walk through history. The Shape of Water Oscar Best Picture 2018 (Kerry Hayes) The...
5 days ago · Since 1943, the Golden Globes have been celebrating the biggest, brightest, and starriest movies of the year. Now, we’re taking every Golden Globe Best Motion Picture winner — including the categories for Drama, Comedy/Musical, and that brief period of unadulterated hedonism during the 1950s ...
- Chariots of Fire (1981) Easily the most confounding win of the decade, Chariots of Fire is remembered for one single moment: the race on the beach and the iconic music accompanying it.
- Driving Miss Daisy (1989) Another movie that’s slipped out of our collective unconscious, the best thing about Driving Miss Daisy on Oscar night was Jessica Tandy winning her first Academy Award.
- Ordinary People (1980) I really try to keep my own frustrations at bay when it comes to judging Ordinary People on its own merits. You see, this was the film that beat Martin Scorsese’s tremendous boxing classic, Raging Bull, on Oscar night.
- Out of Africa (1985) The 80s Best Picture winners have to own the record for longest cumulative runtime. So many of these movies stretch well beyond two hours, and a few top three.
People also ask
What horror movies have been nominated for Best Picture?
What animated film was nominated for Best Picture?
When did crash win Best Picture?
What was the first Western to win a Best Picture award?
5 days ago · In 1967, the first NAACP Image Awards ceremony was held in Beverly Hills. Since 1972, the awards ceremony has been honoring Outstanding Motion Picture winners for Black excellence in filmmaking ...
- Kramer vs. Kramer (1979) Not that Robert Benton’s domestic drama wasn’t insightful, emotionally compelling, and wonderfully acted. It’s not a bad film, but the fact that it kicks things off at number 10 speaks more to the decade than this specific movie.
- Patton (1970) Of all the game-changing pictures in this list and this decade, Patton feels like a relic of a bygone era. Franklin Schaffner’s picture is a large, sweeping epic, with a powerhouse turn from George C. Scott as the controversial General.
- The Sting (1973) Nestled in between the Godfather winners is a small story about two con men and double crosses stacked on top of each other. The Sting is probably the most fun 70s winner to rewatch, because the intricacies of David S. Ward’s screenplay are a marvel.
- Annie Hall (1977) Annie Hall remains Woody Allen’s crowning achievement, still atop an incredible career of massive achievements… and maybe just as many missteps.
5 days ago · This marked the first and only occurrence that the film with the most nominations was not a Best Picture nominee. The winners were announced during the awards ceremony on February 25, 2007. With his latest unsuccessful nomination for Best Actor, Peter O'Toole became the most nominated performer without a competitive win.
4 days ago · The Wheel spun us up a fourth trip into the 1940’s with the film that, on March 2nd, 1944, became the 16th Winner of the Academy Award for Outstanding Motion Picture (as it was called back then). Casablanca Casablanca was nominated for 8 Academy Awards, winning 3 of them; Outstanding Motion Picture, Director, and Screenplay.
3 days ago · Winner Marketing Graphics If you are a Best of The Woodlands Winner and would like to showcase your win using Best of The Woodlands marketing graphics for social media, web or print, we will be ...
- related to: best picture winner the winner