The Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress is an award presented annually by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS). It is given to honor an actress who has delivered an outstanding performance in a supporting role while working within the film industry.
Throughout the past 85 years, accounting for ties and repeat winners, AMPAS has presented a total of 85 Best Supporting Actress awards to 83 different actresses. This list is current as of the 93rd Academy Awards ceremony held on April 25, 2021.#ActorFilmDate of birth851947-06-19 ( 1947-06-19) June 19, 1947841967-02-10 ( 1967-02-10) February 10, ...831971-01-15 ( 1971-01-15) January 15, ...821959-11-19 ( 1959-11-19) November 19, ...
Toni Collette is an Academy Award-nominated Australian actress, best known for her roles in The Sixth Sense (1999) and Little Miss Sunshine (2006). Collette was born Toni Collett (she later added an "e") on November 1, 1972, in Blacktown, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
WMK's winner and four nominees, in order, for Best Supporting Actress by year. [Note: Some years have six nominees due to ties for fifth place.] 1. Marjorie Rambeau. Born July 15, 1889 in San Francisco, unappreciated character player Marjorie Rambeau worked on the stage from the age of 12.
An updated visual history of every Academy Award-winning Best Supporting Actress, from the very first Oscar winner to the most recent.
- Youn Yuh-jung (“Minari”) “Minari” got a huge boost Monday when it netted six Oscar nods, including Best Picture. But most notably, in a departure from the Golden Globes, Youn and her co-star Steven Yeun were respectively nominated for Best Supporting Actress and Best Actor — becoming the first Korean actors to ever be nominated at the Oscars.
- Olivia Colman (“The Father”) Hey, she’s surprised us before! Think back to Oscars night 2019, when the world waited with bated breath to see if Lady Gaga or Glenn Close would win Best Actress.
- Maria Bakalova (“Borat Subsequent Moviefilm”) Maria! We’ve just met a girl named Maria. The newcomer of the category is 24-year-old Bulgarian actress Maria Bakalova, who burst into Hollywood last year as Borat’s outspoken daughter Tutar in “Borat Subsequent Moviefilm.”
- Amanda Seyfried (“Mank”) The last few weeks have made it clear that “Mank” is the sort of film the Oscars have to nominate, but probably won’t win much.
People also ask
Who won the Oscar for Best Actress four times?
Who was the youngest person to win Best Actress?
Who was the first black woman to win a Best Actress Oscar?
Who is the only African to win Best Actress?
The Role: Ma Rainey, the Mother of the Blues and leader of her band.The groundbreaking musician and LGBTQ icon was once dubbed the ugliest woman in show business, and with the aid of false teeth, horsehair wigs, elaborate gowns, and a fat suit, Oscar winner Viola Davis gave life to the woman whose voice would have hundreds queuing up for hours just hear her croon or catch a glimpse of her on ...
The Eyes of Tammy Faye: Fans share their excitement as first trailer reveals Jessica Chastain’s transformation
Jessica Chastain stars as the titular televangelist in the upcoming biopic, while Andrew Garfield portrays her husband Jim Bakker. “Jessica Chastain better get her Oscar as Tammy Faye in The ...
The Independent via Yahoo
4 days ago
[Note: Winning Co-Stars - Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress in the Same Film are indicated by a Shaded-in Year] Note: Oscar® and Academy Awards® and Oscar® design mark are the trademarks and service marks and the Oscar© statuette the copyrighted property, of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.Year of AwardBest Actress* Academy Award WinnerName of Character RoleBest Supporting Actress* Academy Award ...2020Frances McDormand NomadlandFernYuh-Jung Youn Minari2019Renée Zellweger JudyJudy GarlandLaura Dern Marriage Story2018Olivia Colman The FavouriteQueen AnneRegina King If Beale Street Could Talk2017Frances McDormand Three Billboards ...Mildred HayesAllison Janey I, Tonya
Apr 21, 2021 · 2021 Oscars Best Supporting Actress Predictions include Yuh-Jung Youn, Maria Bakalova, Olivia Colman, Glenn Close and Amanda Seyfried.
- related to: best supporting actress
facebook.com has been visited by 100K+ users in the past month