- Billy the Kid’s Gravesite Legendary outlaw Billy the Kid was killed by Sheriff Pat Garrett and buried in Fort Sumner. Billy the Kid, also known as Henry McCarty, Henry Antrim and William H. Bonney was a 19th century American frontier outlaw and gunman who participated in the Lincoln County War.
People also ask
Where was Billy the Kid buried?
Where is Billy the kids grave located?
Who was Billy the Kid killed by?
Who shot Billy the Kidd?
Billythe Kid's Grave - A History of the Wild West's Most Famous DeathMarker, paperback, 154 pages, 65 photos. "Quien es?" The answer to this incautious question - "Who is it?" - was abullet to the heart. That bullet - fired by Lincoln County Sheriff Patrick F.Garrett from a .40-44 caliber single action Colt pistol - ended the life ofBilly the Kid, real name William Henry McCarty.
A very small cemetery. Billy the kid- the man whom was shot by Billy the kid (as his gravestone reads) as well as some noteable townsfolk are buried here. Kids really enjoyed it.
- 3501 Billy the Kid Road, Fort Sumner, 88119, New Mexico
Find a Grave, database and images (https://www.findagrave.com: accessed ), memorial page for William “Billy The Kid” Bonney (23 Nov 1860–14 Jul 1881), Find a Grave Memorial no. 94, citing Old Fort Sumner Cemetery, Fort Sumner, De Baca County, New Mexico, USA ; Maintained by Find A Grave .
- 17 Sep 1859, New York, New York County (Manhattan), New York, USA
- Henry McCarty
- 14 Jul 1881 (aged 21), Fort Sumner, De Baca County, New Mexico, USA
- Fort Sumner, New Mexico
The Billy the Kid Museum in town built a replica grave -- so that people would know what it had looked like -- but the original remained missing for 25 years. Then two visiting tourists revealed that they'd seen it in a pasture in Granbury, Texas. It was found there, hidden under a boxcar. Billy didn't get this grave marker until nearly 60 years after he was dead.
- Billy the Kid Drive, Fort Sumner, NM
Legendary outlaw Billy the Kid was killed by Sheriff Pat Garrett and buried in Fort Sumner. Billy the Kid, also known as Henry McCarty, Henry Antrim and William H. Bonney was a 19th century American frontier outlaw and gunman who participated in the Lincoln County War. According to legend, he killed 21 men. McCarty (or Bonney, the name he used at the height of his notoriety) was 5 ft. 8 in. to 5 ft. 9 in. tall with blue eyes, a smooth complexion, and prominent front.
- Billy The Kid's Grave in Fort Sumner, New Mexicoyoutube.com
- The REAL Grave of Billy The Kid - Old West Fort Sumner, New Mexicoyoutube.com
- Why Is Billy The Kid's Grave In A Jail?youtube.com
- The Grave of Billy The Kid - Hamilton, Texasyoutube.com
The gravesite is located north of town, on the east side of 281 N. The grave is visible from the road and marked with a granite arch inscribed “Billy the Kid." About "Brushy Bill"/"Billy the Kid" The Hamilton, Texas, grave belongs to William “Brushy Bill” Roberts, who waited until 1949 (at nearly 90 years old) to confess that he was the Kid.
Grave marker for Billy The Kid, also at Fort Sumner, New Mexico In 1940, stone cutter James N. Warner of Salida, Colorado , made and donated to the cemetery a new marker for Bonney's grave.  It was stolen on February 8, 1981, but recovered days later in Huntington Beach, California .
Jul 15, 2016 · On July 14, 1881, 21-year-old William Bonney, better known as the outlaw Billy the Kid, was famously shot and killed by Sheriff Pat Garrett in Fort Sumner, New Mexico. He was quickly buried the...
- related to: billy the kid grave
discount99.us has been visited by 1M+ users in the past month