People also ask
What is the best biography to read?
How to read a whole damn book every week?
What are some good books to read online?
What is the best site to read books?
Clear rating. 1 of 5 stars 2 of 5 stars 3 of 5 stars 4 of 5 stars 5 of 5 stars. 2. The Heart Has ...
- Miss Moore Thought Otherwise: How Anne Carroll Moore Created Libraries for Children (Hardcover) by Jan Pinborough. (shelved 10 times as childrens-biography)
- The Watcher: Jane Goodall's Life with the Chimps (Hardcover) by Jeanette Winter. (shelved 8 times as childrens-biography) avg rating 4.10 — 2,618 ratings — published 2011.
- Radiant Child: The Story of Young Artist Jean-Michel Basquiat (Hardcover) by Javaka Steptoe. (shelved 7 times as childrens-biography) avg rating 3.88 — 5,837 ratings — published 2016.
- The Right Word: Roget and His Thesaurus (Hardcover) by Jen Bryant. (shelved 6 times as childrens-biography) avg rating 4.00 — 6,981 ratings — published 2014.
- On a Beam Of Light. Embark on the life journey of the greatest scientist ever – Albert Einstein, with this exciting biography for kids. Stunning illustrations, easy to understand language make it an edifying read for kids.
- The Girl Who Thought In Pictures. This highly recommended biography of Dr. Temple Grandin is a great inspiration to achieve against all odds. An uplifting read for all kids, particularly for specially abled children.
- Blockhead: Life of Fibonacci. A well-written biography for kids, this book explores the life adventures of Leonardo Fibonacci – the mastermind who found patterns in nature.
- Solving the Puzzle Under the Sea: Marie Tharp Maps the Ocean Floor. This wonderfully illustrated picture biography for kids brings to life the story of Marie Tharp – a pioneering woman scientist and the first person to ever successfully map the ocean floor.
- The Story of Harriet Tubman by Christine Platt. Before she became known for her fight to free people from enslavement, she was a little girl who was sad to see her family be separated.
- Six Dots: A Story of Young Louis Braille by Jen Bryant and Boris Kulikov. This picture book biography tells the story of how Louis Braille lost his sight and invented an alphabet.
- Manfish: A Story of Jacques Cousteau by Jennifer Berne and Éric Puybaret. Once there was a boy named Jacques. He loved to explore the oceans. This whimsical and poetic biography of Jacques Cousteau will inspire kids to follow their explorer natures, as well as help them realize that every person who has made history started as a kid with curiosity.
- Elizabeth Leads the Way: Elizabeth Cady Stanton and the Right to Vote by Tanya Lee Stone and Rebecca Gibbon. From a young age, Elizabeth understood that things weren’t equal in her life.
King Charles wants to read Prince Harry’s memoir before granting kids HRH titles: book
Author Katie Nicholl claimed in her new biography, “The New Royals,” that King Charles III wants to read the prince’s bombshell memoir before granting his ...
New York Post
2 days ago
Apr 11, 2022 · Read Saving the Day: Garrett Morgan’s Life-Changing Invention of the Traffic Signal by Karyn Parsons. Biographies of Record Breakers or Firsts Girl on a Motorcycle by Amy Novesky is the story of the first woman who rode a motorcycle alone around the world. Each place on the journey was full of beauty, challenges, and learning.