- Yohance: The Ekangeni Crystal Paul Louise-Julie.
- VAL-MAR Gifted and Cursed 1 Grey Williamson.
- Concrete Park, Vol. 1: You Send Me (Concrete Park, #1) Tony Puryear (Writer and Artist)
- Concrete Park, Vol. 2: R-E-S-P-E-C-T (Concrete Park, #2) Tony Puryear.
- Bitter Root. After previously working together on a relaunch of Power Man and Iron Fist at Marvel, David F. Walker and Sanford Greene reunited, along with veteran comic book creator Chuck Brown, to launch the Image Comics series Bitter Root in 2018.
- Bingo Love. Created by Tee Franklin and Jenn St.- Onge, Bingo Love is an original graphic novel that follows two women that fall in love as teenagers but are separated by the prejudices of the time and move apart.
- Excellence. One of the biggest Skybound Entertainment/Image launches from last year was Excellence, created by Brandon Thomas and Khary Randolph. The creator-owned series follows Spencer Dale, a young man whose father is a member of the Aegis, a secret society of magic users who use their incredible abilities to selflessly work to improve the world around them.
- Day Men. Boom! Studios editor-in-chief Matt Gagnon and co-writer Michael Alan Nelson teamed with legendary artist Brian Stelfreeze to co-create the series Day Men.
Jun 1, 2018 · Amazon.com: black comic books 1-16 of over 60,000 results for "black comic books" RESULTS Black Sands, the Seven Kingdoms, volume 1 Book 1 of 2: Black Sands, the Seven Kingdoms | by Manuel Patricio Godoy and David Lenormand | Jun 1, 2018 4.9 (893) Hardcover $1699 $19.99 FREE delivery Thu, Dec 22 on $25 of items shipped by Amazon
Books-Collectibles-Trade Cards Comic Books Pokémon Manga Funko Pop Graphic Novels Your one stop express store for all your superhero needs. West Hempstead•New York (516)292-2181
- The Makings of The Black Comic Book Cottage Industry
- The Unique Challenges of The Black Comic Book Creator
- Comic Books as Social Statement
Ask just about any professional in the comic book industry how they ended up in their line of work, and most will say it began with collecting comics as a child. Many dream of writing or drawing their way to comic book success by working for Marvel or DC, or the next-largest publishers, Dark Horse and Image Comics. However, as in the tech field, di...
Despite the availability of digital comic platforms, technology tools for writing and art, and social media for promoting comic books, the uncertainty of bringing home a steady paycheck as well as costs associated with printing and marketing, makes the comic book business a precarious venture. This is especially true for African Americans who don’t...
One advantage for black comic book developers in going independent is the opportunity to make strong political and social statements through their art; an opportunity that would perhaps be subject to more scrutiny working for one of the big publishers. Naseed Gifted, the founder of PBS Media, is the writer and creator of his company’s comic book P....
Feb 21, 2018 · 1 st Appearance: Black Lightening #1, 1977 Just like on CW’s Black Lightening, Mr. Wale’s weapon of choice is a wale harpoon. But in the comics the Black 6-foot-5, 400-pound albino is even...
Jun 3, 2020 · 15 Black Comics Artists Whose Work You Need to Read By Sam Stone Published Jun 3, 2020 The comic book industry is overwhelmingly white, but Black artists like Sanford Greene, Bianca Xunise and more prove comics need to diversify. The North American comic book industry desperately needs to diversify, especially on the creative level.