1 day ago · A mint operated in Kluczbork during the reign of Duke Bolesław III the Generous, in the early 14th century. In 1426 Duke Louis II of Brzeg granted Kluczbork privileges of a salt market in 1426. For centuries the town was inhabited by a predominantly Polish-speaking populace.
1 day ago · It was already called a civitas in a 1288 document issued by the Piast duke Henry V of Legnica, and officially received town privileges in 1333 from Duke Bolesław III the Generous. It was part of the duchies of Wrocław , Głogów and Legnica of fragmented Poland and remained under the rule of the Piast dynasty until 1675.