Feb 19, 2016 · After an outlaw unknowingly leads a band of cannibalistic Troglodytes into the peaceful western town of Bright Hope, the monsters kidnap several settlers, including the wife of a local rancher. Despite his injured leg the rancher joins a small rescue party with the sheriff, his aging deputy and a strong-willed gunslinger.
- S. Craig Zahler
- Not Rated
- 3 min
Bone Tomahawk is a 2015 American independent western cannibal horror film written and directed by S. Craig Zahler. It stars Kurt Russell, Patrick Wilson, Matthew Fox, Richard Jenkins, Lili Simmons, Evan Jonigkeit, David Arquette, and Sid Haig and was produced by Jack Heller and Dallas Sonnier.
People also ask
What is Bone Tomahawk?
Who is the cast of Bone Tomahawk?
Is Bone Tomahawk gruesome?
Is Bone Tomahawk really dead?
The best part of Bone Tomahawk is how unpredictable it is. The writing and the plot itself are top notch and the makeup/ blood effects are sickeningly realistic. This film is violent on an entirely...
- comedy, western, horror, action
Bone Tomahawk (15,147) IMDb 7.1 2h 12min 2015 X-Ray 18+ When a group of cannibal savages kidnaps settlers from the small town of Bright Hope, an unlikely team of gunslingers, led by Sheriff Hunt (Kurt Russell), sets out to bring them home.
- Western, Horror
Oct 23, 2015 · S. Craig Zahler’s debut genre-jumper “Bone Tomahawk” is a surprisingly sturdy Western—a piece with obvious nods to John Ford built around a quartet of travelers on a rescue mission—until it takes a sharp left turn and becomes something closer to horror.
Bone Tomahawk has an A-list cast, the requisite weathered authentic look in both town and people, beautiful filming and dramatic lighting, solid writing, humor, intriguing plot. But late in the goings there is a scene of complete and utterly depraved brutality which, to be honest, I wish I had not seen, and wish that I could "unsee".
- Image Entertainment
- It was released in eight theaters in Spain. The movie was only released with subtitles. It’s worth a look if you’re interested. Prev Article Next Article.
- Brooder wears the same style of holster as Johnny Ringo in Tombstone. It’s an odd thing to notice but in a Western it kind of stands out.
- David Arquette was in another movie with cannibalism. He starred in Ravenous with Guy Pearce and several other stars. He was one of the victims in that movie too.
- Kurt Russell and David Arquette appeared in 3000 Miles to Graceland together. They were both criminals that were attempting to rob a casino while dressed like Elvis impersonators.
Bone Tomahawk (2015) Full Cast & Crew Directed by (1) Writing credits (1)
The brutally violent, character-driven “Bone Tomahawk” follows a sheriff (Russell), a gunslinger, a befuddled oldster (Jenkins) and a cowboy (Sarsgaard) as they attempt to rescue a group of captives (including Carpenter) from a band of cannibalistic troglodytes.