Oct 31, 1997 · Directed by Paul Thomas Anderson. With Mark Wahlberg, Julianne Moore, Burt Reynolds, Luis Guzmán. Back when sex was safe, pleasure was a business and business was booming, an idealistic porn producer aspires to elevate his craft to an art when he discovers a hot young talent.
- Paul Thomas Anderson
- 2 min
Boogie Nights is a 1997 American period drama film written and directed by Paul Thomas Anderson.It is set in Los Angeles's San Fernando Valley and focuses on a young nightclub dishwasher who becomes a popular star of pornographic films, chronicling his rise in the Golden Age of Porn of the 1970s through to his fall during the excesses of the 1980s.
Boogie Nights is an impassioned and creative portrait of American souls in distress from a young, passionate filmmaker who threw himself headlong into his movies (his follow-up, Magnolia, pushes ...
Boogie Nights tried to do the same for the porn industry. It chronicled the high and low points of a porn producer Jack Horner (Burt Reynolds) and his stable of actors and crew in the 1970s-80s. The movie starts off by portraying Horner’s cast and crew as a bunch of troubled people.
Boogie Nights (1997) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more. Menu. Movies. Release Calendar DVD & Blu-ray Releases Top Rated ...
People also ask
What is the movie Boogie Nights based on?
Is Boogie Nights based on a true story?
What is the plot of Boogie Nights?
Who is the girl in Boogie Nights?
Boogie Nights movie reviews & Metacritic score: A multifaceted look at the porn industry in Los Angeles in the 70's and 80's, focusing on the journey of a young man (Wahlberg) from restaurant dishwasher to po...
- Paul Thomas Anderson
- Burt Reynolds, Julianne Moore, Mark Wahlberg
Paul Thomas Anderson's "Boogie Nights'' is an epic of the low road, a classic Hollywood story set in the shadows instead of the spotlights but containing the same ingredients: Fame, envy, greed, talent, sex, money. The movie follows a large, colorful and curiously touching cast of characters as they live through a crucial turning point in the adult film industry.
- Ben Sherlock
- Burt Reynolds Rejected The Role Of Jack Horner Seven Times Before Accepting. Burt Reynolds was apprehensive about appearing in Boogie Nights, since he didn’t want to promote the porn industry.
- Dirk’s Member Was A Prosthetic Made Of Biodegradable Rubber. At the end of Boogie Nights, as Dirk is looking at himself in a mirror, he takes out his gigantic member.
- Paul Thomas Anderson Worked With Ron Jeremy To Develop The Script. While Paul Thomas Anderson was putting together the screenplay for Boogie Nights, he spent a year hanging out with porn legend Ron Jeremy.
- A Lot Of High-Profile Actors Were Up For Parts In The Film. The casting team behind Boogie Nights looked at plenty of big-name actors for each part. Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Christian Bale, and Ethan Hawke were all considered to play Dirk Diggler.
All 66 songs from the Boogie Nights (1997) movie soundtrack, with scene descriptions. Listen to and download the music, ost, score, list of songs and trailers.
Feel-Good results for boogie nights movie