- Now it came to pass in the days of Ahasuerus, (this is Ahasuerus which reigned, from India even unto Ethiopia, over an hundred and seven and twenty provinces:)
- That in those days, when the king Ahasuerus sat on the throne of his kingdom, which was in Shushan the palace,
- In the third year of his reign, he made a feast unto all his princes and his servants; the power of Persia and Media, the nobles and princes of the provinces, being before him
- When he shewed the riches of his glorious kingdom and the honour of his excellent majesty many days, even an hundred and fourscore days.
Now when the turn of Esther, the daughter of Abihail the uncle of Mordecai, who had taken her for his daughter, was come to go in unto the king, she required nothing but what Hegai the king's chamberlain, the keeper of the women, appointed. And Esther obtained favour in the sight of all them that looked upon her.
- Summary of The Book of Esther
- Author and Date
- Purpose, Themes and Literary Features
This summary of the book of Esther provides information about the title, author(s), date of writing, chronology, theme, theology, outline, a brief overview, and the chapters of the Book of Esther.
Although we do not know who wrote the book of Esther, from internal evidence it is possible to make some inferences about the author and the date of composition. It is clear that the author was a Jew, both from his emphasis on the origin of a Jewish festival and from the Jewish nationalism that permeates the story. The author's knowledge of Persian...
The author's central purpose was to record the institution of the annual festival of Purim and to keep alive for later generations the memory of the great deliverance of the Jewish people during the reign of Xerxes. The book accounts for both the initiation of that observance and the obligation for its perpetual commemoration (see 3:7; 9:26-32; see...The Feasts of Xerxes (1:1;2:18)The Feasts of Esther (2:19;7:10)The Feasts of Purim (chs. 8-10)
8 On that day did the king Ahasuerus give the house of Haman the Jews' enemy unto Esther the queen. And Mordecai came before the king; for Esther had told what he was unto her. 2 And the king took off his ring, which he had taken from Haman, and gave it unto Mordecai. And Esther set Mordecai over the house of Haman.
1 Ahasuerus maketh royall feasts. 10 Vasthi, sent for, refuseth to come. 13 Ahasuerus, by the counsell of Memucan, maketh the decree of mens soueraigntie. 1 Now it came to passe in the dayes of Ahasuerus, (this is Ahasuerus which reigned from India, euen vnto Ethiopia, ouer an hundred, and seuen and twentie prouinces.)
People also ask
What does the Bible say about Esther?
What is the summary of Esther in the Bible?
What is the summary of the Book of Esther?
What is the lesson of the Book of Esther?