People also ask
What are the 5 major branches of Philosophy?
Is science just a branch of Philosophy?
What are the different sub-branches of Philosophy?
How many branches of philosophy are there?
Contemporary philosophy [ edit] Analytic philosophy Continental philosophy Existentialism Phenomenology Existentialism Phenomenology Contemporary Asian philosophy Buddhist modernism New Confucianism Maoism Kyoto School Neo-Vedanta Buddhist modernism New Confucianism Maoism Kyoto School Neo-Vedanta ...
- Axiology: Study of the nature of value and valuation
- Metaphysics: Study of the fundamental nature of reality
- Epistemology: Study of the nature, origin, and limits of human knowledge
- Ethics Philosophy: Study of what is right and wrong in human behaviour
- Marcia Kokus
- Metaphysics. What is Metaphysics? Metaphysics (from the Greek meta meaning after/beyond, and physics meaning nature) is a core branch of philosophy concerned with the study of "first principles" and "being" (ontology).
- Epistemology. What is Epistemology? Epistemology (from the Greek episteme meaning knowledge) is a core branch of philosophy that deals with the nature, origin, and scope of knowledge.
- Logic. What is Logic? The term "logic" came from the Greek word logos, which is sometimes translated as "sentence", "discourse", "reason", "rule", and "ratio".
- Ethics. What is Ethics? The field of ethics (or moral philosophy) involves systematizing, defending, and recommending concepts of right and wrong behavior.
For coverage of the particular branches of Western philosophy, see aesthetics; epistemology; ethics; ideology; logic; metaphysics; philosophical anthropology; philosophy of biology; philosophy of education; philosophy of history; philosophy of language; philosophy of law; philosophy of logic; philosophy of mathematics; philosophy of mind ; …
- The Editors of Encyclopaedia Britannica
- 7 min
- Epistemology. Epistemology addresses philosophical questions about knowledge; it is the study of and seeks to answer how...
- Metaphysics. Metaphysics addresses philosophical questions about being and reality; it examines who we are and our place...
- Logic. Logic addresses philosophical questions about reason and argumentation; it...