- 1. an act of breaking or failing to observe a law, agreement, or code of conduct: "a breach of confidence" synonyms
- 2. a gap in a wall, barrier, or defense, especially one made by an attacking army: "a breach in the mountain wall" synonyms
- 1. make a gap in and break through (a wall, barrier, or defense): "the river breached its bank" synonyms
- 2. (of a whale) rise and break through the surface of the water: "we saw whales breaching in the distance"
Powered by Oxford Dictionaries
Definition of breach. (Entry 1 of 2) 1 : infraction or violation of a law, obligation, tie, or standard a breach of trust sued them for breach of contract. 2 a : a broken, ruptured, or torn condition or area a breach of the skin the leak was a major security breach.
breach definition: 1. an act of breaking a law, promise, agreement, or relationship: 2. (an example of) illegal noisy…. Learn more.
A breach is a physical break or rupture, as in the hull of a ship. It also means a violation or infraction, as in a breach of trust. It can also be used as a verb referring to the action that leads to each of these things. Breach is often used in phrases like security breach, data breach, breach of trust, breach of etiquette, and breach of contract.
Feb 21, 2021 · Definition of 'breach'. If you breach an agreement, a law, or a promise, you break it. The newspaper breached the code of conduct on privacy. [VERB noun] The film breached the criminal libel laws. [VERB noun] A breach of an agreement, a law, or a promise is an act of breaking it.
The definition of a breach is a break, or violation. An example of a breach is an agreement that has been broken. An example of a breach is a person violating their probation. noun.
The word breach means “the act or result of a breaking” or a “gap, rift, fissure” when used as a noun. Breach can also be used as a verb, “to make a breach or opening in” or “to break a contract.” (This is the definition lawyers should recognize.)
1 breeches\ ˈbri- chəz. How to pronounce breech (audio) also ˈbrē- \ plural. a : short pants covering the hips and thighs and fitting snugly at the lower edges at or just below the knee wearing riding breeches. b : pants. 2 a : the hind end of the body : buttocks.
- related to: breach meaning