Brisbane (/ ˈbrɪzbən / (listen) BRIZ-bən) is the capital of and the most populated city in the Australian state of Queensland, and the third most populous city in Australia.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brisbane
- Shop the markets and designer boutiques. Fortitude Valley is brimming with independent stores and is regarded as Brisbane's best shopping precinct. Along James Street you’ll find more than 130 specialty stores, including high-end Australian designers Lee Mathews, Scanlan & Theodore and Zimmermann.
- Visit Brisbane's islands. Brisbane's coastline is dotted with idyllic islands. Moreton Island, just a 70-minute ferry ride from Brisbane, is the third largest sand island in the world.
- Meet over 100 koalas. Just 12 kilometres (7.5 miles) from Brisbane City lies an animal refuge with unmissable wildlife encounters. Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary is the world's first and biggest koala sanctuary.
- Swim at Streets Beach. In Brisbane, you don't even have to leave the city to enjoy the sand and sea. Streets Beach, located in Brisbane's lifestyle suburb of South Bank, is Australia's only inner-city, man-made beach.
Australia’s third-largest city, Brisbane is the hub of Queensland culture, offering a peek at the past and a glimpse into the future. Visit the historic Windmill and Old Commissariat Store, built by convicts in 1828, or fast-forward to the present (and beyond) with a trip to the new Gallery of Modern Art.
Types of Things to Do in Brisbane Tours (198) Spas & Wellness (149) Outdoor Activities (142) Shopping (132) Fun & Games (116) Sights & Landmarks (103) Nightlife (89) Nature & Parks (86) Food & Drink (71) Transportation (69) Classes & Workshops (59) Museums (50) Boat Tours & Water Sports (42) Concerts & Shows (25) Traveler Resources (15)
Brisbane (/ ˈbrɪzbən / (listen) BRIZ-bən) is the capital of and the most populated city in the Australian state of Queensland, and the third most populous city in Australia.
- 155/km² (400/sq mi)
- 13 May 1825
- 15,842 km² (6,116.6 sq mi) (2016 GCCSA)
- 2,514,184 (2019) (3rd)
Australians hailed Brisbane's newly minted status as frontrunner to host the 2032 Olympics Thursday as a symbol of hope after a year of pandemic gloom.
7 hours ago
- Brisbane is the 'preferred host' for 2032 Olympics, IOC announcesCNN on MSN.com3 hours ago
- Advance Australia: Brisbane poised to host 2032 OlympicsYahoo14 hours ago
- Brisbane already preparing for 2032 OlympicsUSA Today6 hours ago
- IOC confirms Brisbane as preferred host for 2032 OlympicsThe New Indian Express11 minutes ago
Brisbane is the capital city of Queensland– Australia’s second largest state by area. In addition to being the third most populous city in Australia, Greater Brisbane is the largest of Australia’s six capital cities by geographic area, occupying 15,842 sq km across South East Queensland.
Get directions, maps, and traffic for Brisbane, QLD. Check flight prices and hotel availability for your visit.
edreams.com.au has been visited by 10K+ users in the past month
booking.com has been visited by 1M+ users in the past month