- When I Grow Up - Matilda the Musicalyoutube.com
- Broadway Kids Against Bullying: I Have A Voice (performance video)youtube.com
- Inside Broadway introduces children, teens to theater, 'King Kong'youtube.com
- 10 Famous Children's Musicalsyoutube.com
The world of Broadway musicals is a rabbit hole worth falling into with your children. Not only are musicals entertaining, but they can also teach us so much about important issues during a particular time in history. Musicals showcase a performer's musical, theatre, and dance talents, not to mention the sheer complexi
- Moulin Rouge!. If you’re looking for a big, splashy Broadway musical, look no further than Moulin Rouge! at the Al...
- Six the Musical. Starting in February 2020, Henry’s VIII’s wives will take the stage at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre.
- Jagged Little Pill. The new Broadway show Jagged Little Pill was inspired by Alanis Morrissette’s...
We’re breaking down Broadway’s best musicals and NYC shows for kids, tweens and families, from Frozen and Aladdin to Hamilton. We’re breaking down Broadway’s best musicals by age group Save on Tickets for all the Top Shows 1-800-838-8155
Hamilton (recommended for ages 10 and up): Hamilton isn't geared towards kids but many teens and tweens enjoy it thanks to its contemporary score (rap, R&B, pop) and engaging performances. Mean Girls (recommended for 10 and up): Tiny Fey, who wrote the original cult classic of the same name, also penned the Broadway rendition of Mean Girls. Funny scenes and a strong musical score, this one touches on all the same themes as the movie- bullying, fitting in, and, well, dealing with those mean ...
- The Lion King. 4 out of 5 stars. Theater. There's a reason why Simba's story continues to draw in crowds year after year: It's an amazing production with gorgeous sets, unique puppetry and a moving score from Elton John and Tim Rice.
- Come from Away. 4 out of 5 stars. Theater Musicals Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre, Midtown West. Open run. One of the more unlikely musicals on Broadway this season is an excellent choice for the family: Come from Away is the tense but humane story of an airport in Gander, Newfoundland, where 38 planes and more than 6,000 passengers were forced to land on September 11, 2001.
- Wicked. 4 out of 5 stars. Theater Musicals Gershwin Theatre, Midtown West. Open run. Based on novelist Gregory Maguire's 1995 adult variation on L. Frank Baum's Oz mythology, Wicked provides a prequel to the children's book and movie.
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. 5 out of 5 stars. Theater Drama Lyric Theatre, Midtown West. Open run. The world of Harry Potter is now on Broadway, Hogwarts and all, and it's a triumph of theatrical magic.
People also ask
What Broadway musicals are good for kids?
What is Broadway Broadway?
What are the best shows for kids?
What is Broadway Junior?
Family-Friendly Musicals Browse Broadway musicals most appropriate and appealing for children and families, whether featuring young performers or centering on themes of childhood and youth. (NOTE: design of individual productions may make these productions more or less family-friendly; always double-check with the box office on content before booking.)
- Ruthie Fierberg
- Dear Evan Hansen. Musical, original. Opened: December 4, 2016. The winner of six 2017 Tony Awards including Best Musical, Best Score, Best Book of a Musical, and Best Orchestrations has been resonating with families who have seen it onstage, as well as those across the U.S. playing the cast album on repeat.
- Frozen. Musical, original. Opened: March 22, 2018. Based on the 2013 Oscar-winning animated film of the same name, Disney’s latest spectacular travels to the icy kingdom of Arendelle.
- Hamilton. Musical, original. Opened: August 6, 2015. Lin-Manuel Miranda’s hip-hop musical has inspired everyone from elementary school teachers to camp counselors to look at American history through a new and musical lens.
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts 1 and 2. Play, original. Opened: April 22, 2018. The Tony-winning, two-part continuation of Harry Potter's story—this time focused on his son, Albus—finds Harry, Hermione, Ron, and Ginny struggling to protect their families as more dastardly deeds are down at Hogwarts.
NOTICE: Beginning January 6, 2020, the price of Broadway Junior ShowKits will increase by $50. 30-minute KIDS titles will range in price from $445 to $545, and 60-minute JR. titles will range in price from $600 to $695. We've created a special license just for accredited schools grades K-9.
“We are so grateful to have the opportunity, for our daughter, to learn from the guest stars, casting directors, dancers, and professionals at Broadway Kids Auditions. We live in Alabama, and they managed to get these workshops and classes available via Zoom. So many workshops, and the summer camp was extremely organized and well done.
Feel-Good results for broadway musical for kids