- “Sugar Sugar” by the Archies. Producer Don Kirshner hoped to parlay his success with the Monkees with a cartoon group, the Archies. Ron Dante told Pop Entertainment how he landed the gig as the Archies’ lead singer.
- “Tracy” by the Cuff Links. “Tracy” was a No. 9 hit in 1969 for the Cuff Links, a studio band built around Ron Dante’s vocals. Dante was also the voice of “Sugar Sugar” by the Archies.
- “Beach Baby” by the First Class. Tony Burrows was asked by John Carter, his former bandmate in the group Ivy League, to sing lead on a song he’d written with his wife, Jill Shakespeare.
- “Yummy Yummy Yummy” by the Ohio Express. The Ohio Express was another of the Super K bands produced by the Jerry Kasenetz and Jeff Katz team, made up of a confusing mix of band members and studio musicians.
VAX & Sorana - Bubble Gum (Lyrics / Lyrics Video) https://spoti.fi/2Iotm6m VAX https://www.facebook.com/vax.official/ https://www.instagram.com/vax.official/...
- 2 min
Bubblegum (also called bubblegum pop) is pop music with an upbeat sound that is considered to be disposable, contrived, or marketed for children and adolescents.
Apr 03, 2019 · "Beautiful Sunday," Daniel Boone - Boone was a prominent songwriter on what passed for the British bubblegum scene, but this solo song was the only one to hit big in America—and set records in Japan that have yet to be broken.
Bubblegum is a lightweight, catchy pop music that was a significant commercial force in the late '60s and early '70s. Bubblegum was targeted at a preteen audience whose older siblings had been raised in Rock N' Roll. It was simple, melodic, and light as feather neither the lyri… read more
People also ask
What is bubblegum pop music?
Who sings bubblegum pop?
What are some good bubblegum songs?
Is Bubblegum a real band?
Find album reviews, stream songs, credits and award information for 30 Greatest Bubble Gum Pop - Various Artists on AllMusic - 2003
Apr 29, 2014 · Featuring Ron Dante (the bubblegum pop movement's most prominent vocalist) and Toni Wine on vocals, "Sugar, Sugar" was the 1969 number-one single of the year. The song was showcased on The Archies' CBS-TV Saturday morning program, undoubtedly helping propel "Sugar, Sugar" to the pop charts.
The set is an overview of the entire bubblegum movement from the mid-'60s until its nominative demise in the early '70s. It includes most of the key tracks from the Kasenetz & Katz hit factory, such as "Indian Giver," "Yummy Yummy Yummy," and the sublime "Quick Joey Small."
Apr 20, 2015 · Apple Music Pop Sunshine Pop Essentials ... Forgotten Bubblegum Hits of the '60s & '70s Various Artists Rock & Roll · 2015 Preview SONG TIME ...
- related to: bubblegum pop song