12 Castles you should visit near Stuttgart
historiceuropeancastles.com/best-castles-near-stuttgart/#:~:text= 12 Castles you should visit near Stuttgart,Stuttgart, or otherwise known as The... More
- Naturkundemuseum Stuttgart, Schloss Rosenstein. Though not a castle, one of the best things to do in Stuttgart is to...
- Solitude Palace. Built in the grand and charming Rococo architectural style, the beautifully named Castle Solitude...
- Neues Schloss Stuttgart. The Neues Schloss in Stuttgart, or otherwise known as The...
People also ask
What are the best castles to visit in Germany?
What are the most famous castles in Germany?
How old are castles in Germany?
Is there a castle in Germany?
Landesmuseum Württemberg. Solitude Palace. New Castle (Neues Schloss) See more budget-friendly castles in Stuttgart on Tripadvisor.
Nov 06, 2020 · 12 Castles you should visit near Stuttgart 1. Naturkundemuseum Stuttgart, Schloss Rosenstein. Though not a castle, one of the best things to do in Stuttgart is to... 2. Solitude Palace. Built in the grand and charming Rococo architectural style, the beautifully named Castle Solitude... 3. Neues ...
List of castles in Baden-Württemberg Stuttgart. Weilimdorf 48°47′39.14″N 1°2′3″E A ruined castle lying in the Stadtbezirk of Weilimdorf. A ruined castle... Karlsruhe. Dauchstein Castle, Binau Freiburg. Freiburg im Breisgau Staufen Castle, Staufen im Breisgau Altfridingen Castle, Fridingen an der ...
- Neuschwanstein Castle (Füssen, Germany): About Neuschwanstein Castle: Tucked on the edge of the mountains South of Munich is the crown jewel of Europe’s fairytale castles and the best castle in Germany, Neuschwanstein (website).
- Burg Eltz (Münstermaifeld, Germany): About Burg Eltz: Tucked into a lush valley, Burg Eltz is one of the greatest fairy tale castles in the World. The current castle was built from 1490-1540, and the property has been in the hands of a single family for over 33 generations since 1157.
- Hohenzollern Castle (Hechingen, Germany): About Hohenzollern Castle: Hohenzollern Castle is one of the most amazing castles in Europe and is bound to inspire images of dragon myths.
- Lichtenstein Castle (Lichtenstein, Germany): About Lichtenstein Castle: Clinging to the edge of a cliff and connected to land by a series of drawbridges, Lichtenstein Castle is fantastic!
Jun 19, 2007 · The main castles/palaces in Stuttgart are 'Neues Scloss', 'Altes Schloss', 'Schloss Solitude', and 'Schloss Rosenstein' (Schoss means both casle and palace) all of them can be visited and there are...
Guide to the best castles in Southern Germany. If this sounds at all familiar, don't panic. Here's our guide to 17 of the best, most amazing fairytale palaces & castles in Southern Germany so you can decide which ones are right for you.
- Hotel Schönburg. With roaring open fires, an intimate library, manicured grounds, a prison tower and beautiful rooms, Hotel Schönburg is one of the most elegant castle hotels in Germany.
- Castle Colmberg. Castle Colmberg overlooks the Franconian land, a position which made it powerful in medieval battles. The castle itself dates back over a thousand years and there is still documentation today of its sale in the 13th century.
- Hotel Schloss Landsberg. Built in the impressively grand Gothic Revival style, the castle boasts an observational tower, stained glass windows, and four-poster beds fit for royalty.
- Johann Lafers Stromburg. Situated in the UNESCO Heritage Middle Rhine Valley, the views from this hotel are breathtaking, and improve only when partaking in Johann Lafer’s personal Heli Gourmet outing – a helicopter ride which flies guests over the rollings hills before landing in a vineyard to enjoy an exquisite meal.
- Ahrensburg Castle. This picturesque white castle, located within extensive parklands on a moated island, is actually a former palace. Nowadays it opens its doors to allow guests to see an array of artwork, china, and furnishings inside the castle rooms, as well as an impressive rococo staircase.
- Altena Castle. Rising up from Klusenberg Hill, this Medieval hill castle built by the Counts of the Marck is a sight to behold with its grey turrets poking out above the trees.
- Burghausen Castle. This charismatic castle with its 6 courtyards is noted for being the world’s longest castle complex (1,043 meters long) and is one of the most impressive castles not just in Germany but in the whole of Europe due to it having almost all of its Medieval fortifications still intact.
- Colditz Castle. Built on a hill spur above the river Zwickauer Mulde, Colditz Castle dates back to the 11 century having been used as a hunting lodge for the residence of the kings of Saxony, a workhouse, and a mental institution over the years but is most well known for its use in WWII as a Prisoner of War Camp.