Jan 27, 2017 · On Friday, Charlotte, now 42, called a Press conference in Los Angeles to claim that director Roman Polanski, the man who gave her her first break, had abused her, ‘in the worst possible way ...
In 2010, British actress Charlotte Lewis said that Polanski had "forced himself" on her while she was auditioning for a role in Paris in 1983, when she was 16. In 1999, Lewis had given a very different account of events in an interview with the UK's News of the World , which was unearthed by the French daily Libération .
- Poland, France
- Film director, producer, writer, actor
- 2; including Morgane Polanski
Nov 27, 2015 · May 15: A 42-year-old British actress, Charlotte Lewis, alleges that Polanski sexually abused her when she was 16. Lewis's attorney said the actress was speaking out to counter suggestions that the US case against Polanski was based on an isolated event. July 12: Switzerland rejects the US extradition request and Polanski is freed.-- 2014 --
Nov 08, 2019 · Polanski has also been accused of sexual assault by others. In 2010, British actress Charlotte Lewis accused him of "sexually abusing" her in 1983 when she was 16. Another woman, identified only as Robin, accused him in August 2017 of sexual assault when she was 16 in 1973.
Oct 01, 2010 · Allred represents Charlotte Lewis, who contends director Roman Polanski took sexual advantage of her. Another Allred target was the exiled movie director Roman Polanski, who has admitted having ...
Jun 18, 2010 · “Charlotte Lewis, of London, England, who appeared in Roman Polanski’s film ‘Pirates,’ alleges that she was victimized by Mr. Polanksi when she was 16 years old.”
May 16, 2010 · Charlotte Lewis elaborates on what she says Roman Polanski did to her prior to casting her in Pirates, which included telling her "If you're not a big enough girl to have sex with me, you're not ...
Oct 05, 2017 · Actress Charlotte Lewis has said Polanski sexually abused her when she 16. “We were drinking Moet and Chandon — I’ll never forget that, and I still can’t drink that Champagne to this day ...
- WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? Having gone almost as far as the case can in the American courts right now, everyone, from the L.A. district attorney to the departments of Justice and State to the defense and Polanski himself, is waiting to see what the Swiss will do.
- WHAT ROLE COULD CHARLOTTE LEWIS PLAY? The announcement on May 14 by British actress Charlotte Lewis that Polanski assaulted her in his Paris apartment in 1982 when she was 16 is — while shocking — a bit more smoke than fire right now.
- HAS HOLLYWOOD TURNED ON POLANSKI? Tinseltown, as the resurrection of numerous stars and power players has revealed over and over, will forgive almost anything if you show a bit of humility and a lot of box office.
- SO WHY DOES EUROPE DEFEND POLANSKI? While European public opinion is divided, a number of the continent’s directors and filmmakers have used the ongoing Cannes Film Festival to rally the Swiss not to extradite Polanski.
Oct 23, 2011 · Roman Polanski knew what he was doing when he named his 1984 memoir Roman. Fortuitously, the word also means "novel" in French – the Polish film-maker was born in Paris – and his life has had ...