Duchess Maria Amalia of Saxony, Queen consort of Spain Princess Maria Josepha of Saxony: King August III of Poland, Elector of Saxony (* 17.10.1696, O 1719, † 5.10.1763) King August II the Strong of Poland, Elector of Saxony (* 12.5.1670, O 20.1.1693, † 1.2.1733) Elector Johann Georg IV of Saxony: Elector Johann Georg III of Saxony
- 5.9.1722 in Dresden
- King August III of Poland, Elector of Saxony
- 17.12.1763 in Dresden (41 years)
Parents: Friedrich Christian, Elector of Saxony and Maria Antonia of Bavaria Married: January 17, 1769, to Countess Palatine Amalie of Zweibrücken-Birkenfeld Children: – Princess Maria Augusta (1782) Reign: January 1, 1806 – May 5, 1827 * Friedrich August III, Elector, became the first King of Saxony as Friedrich August I. Died: May 5 ...
People also ask
Who were the early Saxon leaders?
Who was Prince Maximilian of Saxony?
Who was the Duke of Saxony in 1180?
What did Christina and John of Sweden do?
She was the mother of Christian II, Franciscus, Knud and Elizabeth, who later married Joachim I Nestor, Elector of Brandenburg, and (probably) also of Jacob the Dacian. The royal couple did not live much in Copenhagen, but preferred to travel between the royal castles in Funen, where Nykobing Castle where reportedly the favorite residence of ...
- Albertine Duchy of Saxony
- Albertine Electorate of Saxony
- Kingdom of Saxony
- Younger Children of Frederick Augustus II
- Illegitimate Sons of Frederick Augustus I
Albert III (1443-1500) Margrave of Meissen and Duke of Saxony
1. Albert III (1443-1500) Margrave of Meissen and Duke of Saxony. Founded the Albertine line of the House of Wettin. Knight of the Golden Fleece.Married Sidonie of Poděbrady (1449 – 1510) daughter of George of Poděbrady, King of Bohemia.
George the Bearded (1471 – 1539) Duke of Saxony
1. George the Bearded (1471 – 1539) Duke of Saxony. Knight of the Golden Fleece.Married Barbara Jagiellon (1478 – 1534) daughter of Casimir IV, King of Poland.
Henry IV the Pious (1473 –1541) Duke of Saxony
1. Henry IV the Pious (1473 –1541) Duke of Saxony.Married Catherine of Mecklenburg (1487 – 1561) daughter of the Magnus II, Duke of Mecklenburg.
1. Maurice (1521 –1553) Duke of Saxony (1541–47) and later Elector of Saxony (1547–53) Maurice received the Electoral Dignity after the Surrender of Wittemberg depriving his cousin Elector John Frederick.Married Agnes of Hesse (1527 – 1555) daughter of Landgrave Philip of Hesse.
Augustus (1526 –1586) Elector of Saxony
1. Augustus (1526 –1586) Elector of Saxony. Married firstly Anne of Denmark (1532 - 1585) daughter of Christian III, King of Denmark and Norway and secondly Agnes Hedwig of Anhalt (1573 – 1616) daughter of Prince Joachim Ernest of Anhalt.
Christian I (1560-1591) Elector of Saxony
1. Christian I (1560-1591) Elector of Saxony. Married Sophie of Brandenburg (1568 – 1622) daughter of John George, Elector of Brandenburg.
Frederick Augustus I
1. Frederick Augustus I (1750-1827) King of Saxony (1805-1827). Elector of Saxony (1763-1806) as Frederick Augustus III and Grand Duke of Warsaw (1807-1813) as Frederick Augustus I. Founder of the Order of the Rue Crown in 1807 and Civil Order of Saxony in 1815.Married Amalie of Zweibrücken-Birkenfeld-Bischweiler (1752 – 1828) daughter of Count Palatine Frederick Michael of Palatinate-Zweibrücken-Birkenfeld-Bischweiler.
Anthony (1755 –1836) King of Saxony
1. Anthony (1755 –1836) King of Saxony.Married firstly Maria Carolina of Savoy (1764 – 1782) daughter of Victor Amadeus III, King of Sardinia and secondly Maria Theresa of Austria (1767 – 1827) daughter of Leopold II, Grand Duke of Tuscany later Holy Roman Emperor.
Frederick Augustus II (1797 –1854) King of Saxony
1. Frederick Augustus II (1797 –1854) King of Saxony.Married firstly Archduchess Maria Carolina Ferdinanda of Austria (1801 – 1832) Crown Princess of Saxony daughter of Francis II, Holy Roman Emperor and secondly Princess Maria Anna of Bavaria (1805 – 1877) daughter of Maximilian I Joseph, King of Bavaria. Founder of the Albert Order in 1850.
Prince Karl Christian Joseph of Saxony( 1733- 1796) Duke of Courland and Zemgale
1. Prince Karl Christian Joseph of Saxony( 1733 - 1796) Duke of Courland and Zemgale (1758-1763).
Prince Albert Casimir August of Saxony ( 1738 -1822) Duke of Teschen
1. Prince Albert Casimir August of Saxony ( 1738 - 1822) Duke of Teschen and Governor of the Austrian Netherlands (1781-1793).
Prince Clemens Wenceslaus of Saxony ( 1739 - 1812) Archbishop of Trier
1. Prince Clemens Wenceslaus of Saxony ( 1739 - 1812) Archbishop of Trier from 1768 until 1803, the Bishop of Freising from 1763 until 1768, the Bishop of Regensburg from 1763 until 1769, and the Bishop of Augsburg from 1768 until 1812.
Maurice, (1696-1750) Comte de Saxe, Marshal of France
1. Maurice, (1696-1750) Comte de Saxe, Marshal of France.An illegitimate son of August the Strong and Countess Maria Aurora of Königsmarck.
Johann Georg (1704 –1774) Chevalier de Saxe
1. Johann Georg (1704 –1774) Chevalier de Saxe, Saxon Field Marshal and Governor of Dresden. An illegitimate son of August the Strong and Ursula Katharina of Altenbockum, divorced Princess Lubomirska
Frederick Augustus (1702 –1764) Count Rutowsky
1. Frederick Augustus (1702 –1764) Count Rutowsky, Saxon Field Marshal. An illegitimate son of August the Strong and Turk Fatima.