- “We’ve got company!” This is usually uttered when the bad guys appear.
- “Don’t die on me!” A character is severely hurt during or after an action sequence while the other is trying to save them in an emotional moment.
- “(S)he’s behind me, isn’t (s)he?” A character thinks they are privately berating another to a group of friends or peers when that character notices them staring at what he or she realizes is the subject of conversation behind them.
- “We can do this the easy way, or the hard way.” This is a threat from one character to another -- usually from protagonist to antagonist.
People also ask
How many movies lines are there?
What are some of Your Favorite Movie Lines?
What are some classic lines?
Which is the worst line in a movie?
Lots of famous lines, and it probably ranks an easy second to Oz for movie with the most total famous lines, but clearly "May the Force be with you" became iconic. It makes no sense, but ever since the space age, people have latched onto senseless sayings for no reason, and this was one of them.
- THR Staff
- "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." Two months before the movie’s release, censors demanded that "damn" be dropped. The producers came up with 22 variations of the line, including "Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a whoop," before the censors relented and allowed the "damn" to stay.
- "Here's looking at you, kid." The Japanese version of the line — "Kimi no hitomi ni kanpai'' — literally translates as, "Cheers to your eyes." Manako Ihaya of the American Translators Association calls it "a classic example of a good movie script translation" for its ability to capture the nuance of the English for the Japanese audience.
- "You're gonna need a bigger boat." "[Richard] Zanuck and [David] Brown were very stingy producers and everyone kept telling them 'You're gonna need a bigger boat,'" recalls Jaws screenwriter Carl Gottlieb (who moved in with director Steven Spielberg for four months to work on the shooting script).
- "May the Force be with you." Several characters say this line in the original movie, but surprisingly not Obi-Wan Kenobi, who doesn't utter it until 2002's Episode II: Attack of the Clones.
Feb 03, 2021 · Famous movie quotes to motivate you to live your best life. 81. “We need people to care about the one life as much as you care about the millions. That way I don’t have to.” – Sloan, Mission: Impossible – Fallout. 82. “All you gotta do is trust me.” —Jackson Maine, A Star Is Born. 83. “Love is blind, Wade.” – Blind Al ...
- Gone With The Wind. Crystal Pistol @Krystal_Pistil. “Frankly my dear I don’t give a damn” #BestMovieLineEver. 02:43 PM - 08 Aug 2019. Reply Retweet Favorite.
- The Godfather. Jeff Dwoskin - Hashtag Roundup @bigmacher. I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse. # BestMovieLineEver. 03:01 AM - 08 Aug 2019. Reply Retweet Favorite.
- Gladiator. Evan Van @MadAnter. #BestMovieLineEver "Are you not Entertained?" 03:00 AM - 08 Aug 2019. Reply Retweet Favorite.
- Apollo 13. Regina Spacola @gigirules7. #BestMovieLineEver "Houston, we have a problem." Apollo 13 @WGIGNewsTag. 03:02 AM - 08 Aug 2019. Reply Retweet Favorite.
Oct 06, 2020 · These are the most memorable lines uttered on film, lines and quotes that have lived on long past the point where people even know where they originated from. This list asks "What are the greatest movie quotes of all time?" by incorporating the views and opinions of all members of the Ranker Community.
Nov 14, 2019 · Even when you have company coming over to your house, no one actually says this. They probably just say, “Tony is here.” However, if someone used this line in a movie when people were actually coming over for dinner, that would be funny. Otherwise, this is one of many movie cliches that we can do without.
- “Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice!” – BEETLEJUICE. – Lydia, summoning Beetlejuice.
- “It’s showtime!” – BEETLEJUICE. – Beetlejuice, being summoned.
- “They’re heeeere!” – POLTERGEIST. – Carol Anne Freeling, notifying her parents of the spirits present.
- “Hey you guys!” – THE GOONIES. – Sloth, calling the attention of the children he’s about to save.
- "Go ahead. Make my day." - Sudden Impact. There is probably not a more well-known catchphrase in all of American cinema than that of “Dirty” Harry Callahan.
- "Hasta la vista, baby!" - Terminator 2: Judgement Day. James Cameron makes his final appearance on our list with his sequel to 1984’s The Terminator. In Terminator 2: Judgement Day, Arnold Schwarzenegger is back, as promised, and this time he’s the good futuristic cyborg.
- "Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!" - Planet of the Apes. Charlton Heston was known in movies and in life as a man who delivered one-liners with panache.
- "You talkin' to me?" - Taxi Driver. One of the most iconic lines in movie history — Robert De Niro’s rehearsed tough-guy-in-the-mirror scene in Scorcese’s Taxi Driver — was completely improvised.
- related to: common movie lines