People also ask
What are the best modern rock bands?
When did pop rock start?
What is pop rock?
What are the most popular rock formats?
Popular Rock Bands of Modern Times Although a number of formats have emerged in the realm of rock music, one of the most popular rock formats to gain widespread success is modern rock. While the many shades of modern rock manifest primarily in the alternative genre, over the years, diverse influences have shaped the sound in a contrasting manner.
- Maroon 5. We begin our list with Maroon 5. From Los Angeles, California, the group was formed in 1994 when the band members were in high school. Until 2001, they played music under the name Kara’s Flowers.
- Coldplay. Across the Atlantic Ocean in 1997, the Britpop group Coldplay was formed. Three years later, their Parachutes album debuted at #1 in the United Kingdom.
- Train. American pop rock band Train has been making music for 30 years. Their eponymous debut album was successful, but their 2001 album, Drops of Jupiter, made waves.
- OneRepublic. Colorado group OneRepublic put itself on the map with “Apologize” in 2007. Ryan Tedder, their lead vocalist, wrote this song for the musician Timbaland first.
Steely Dan Eagles Jackson Browne Janelle Monáe Bee Gees Genesis Van Halen The Cars Queen The Beatles Blondie Blur Tina Turner Paul Simon The Rolling Stones Cheap Trick Def Leppard Bruce Springsteen Peter Gabriel
Aug 26, 2022 · Greta Van Fleet They might have been described as Led Zeppelin knock-offs early on, but not after their latest album, The Battle At Garden’s Gate, an expansive, elegant and aggressive album that reminds us that music is still made for the people. The Grammy Award-winning band created complex, intelligent new music with this album.
- Nirvana. 1,750 votes. Arguably one of the most influential rock bands in history, Nirvana helped define the grunge movement with their raw sound, forceful lyrics, and undeniable presence.
- Red Hot Chili Peppers. 2,108 votes. Blending elements of funk, punk, and rock, the Red Hot Chili Peppers have established themselves as a truly iconic modern rock band.
- Foo Fighters. 2,227 votes. Emerging from the ashes of Nirvana, Foo Fighters have become a force to be reckoned with in the modern rock world. Frontman Dave Grohl, formerly of Nirvana, has expertly guided the band through numerous chart-topping albums, each showcasing their exceptional musicianship and memorable hooks.
- Linkin Park. 2,285 votes. In a time when nu-metal and alternative rock dominated the airwaves, Linkin Park burst onto the scene in 2000 with their groundbreaking debut album Hybrid Theory.