- related to: countries in south america
People also ask
What are the safest countries in South America?
What are the three largest countries in South America?
What are the thirteen countries in South America?
What are the best South American countries to live in?
As of 2020, there are 12 countries in South America: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay and Venezuela. French Guiana is an overseas territory of France and not an independent country.
- Area of South America
- Geography of South America
- Population of South America
- Economy of South America
- Dependent Territories
Brazil is the largest country in South America, covering an area of 3.288 million square miles, which is about half of the continent’s total land area. Brazil’s coastline stretches for 4,655 miles, which is the longest coastline of any South American country. Argentina is the second-largest country in South America, covering an area of 1.073 million square miles. The coastline of Argentina stretches 3,180 miles along the Atlantic Ocean. The third largest country in South America is Peru, with...
Santa Catalina in Colombia marks the northernmost point of South America, while the Aguila Islet in Chile is the southernmost point of the continent. Argentina is home to the highest point of elevation in the continent. Aconcagua, in the Andes, whose elevation of 22,838 feet, is it the highest mountain outside Asia. The county is also home to the lowest point in South America, Laguna del Carbon, which has an elevation of 344 feet below sea level. Venezuela is home to the highest waterfall in...
The total population of South America is estimated at 414.663 million people. Brazil has the largest population of any South American country, with a population of 204.519 million people, which is equivalent to 49.36% of the continent’s total population. Colombia’s population of 48.549 million people is the second largest in South America, followed closely by Argentina, with a population of 43.132 million people. The least populated country in the continent is Suriname, with a population of 5...
Figures from the 2016 CIA World Factbook state that all South American countries had a combined GDP of $6.432 trillion. Brazil accounted for about half of the total GDP of the continent, having GDP of $3.135 trillion. Argentina is the second richest country in South America, with a GDP of $0.879 trillion. According to the report, Guyana had the lowest GDP in the continent, with a GDP of $6 billion.
Apart from the 12 sovereign countries, South America is also comprised of three dependent territories which are located within its maritime boundaries. These dependent territories include the Falkland Islands of the United Kingdom, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands of the United Kingdom, and French Guiana of France.
In total, there are 12 independent countries and 3 dependent territories in South America. The largest country by area and the most populated is Brazil, it occupies about 50% of the total mainland area, and more than 52% of the population live on its territory. The smallest independent state is Suriname, it is the only nation in this region, speaking Dutch as an official language.
This is a list of South American countries by population based on the country population estimates published by the UN. South American population by country (top 10) Brazil (49.4%) Colombia (11.8%) Argentina (10.5%) Peru (7.6%) Venezuela (6.7%) Chile (4.4%)
The 12 countries here in South America include Colombia, Chile, Peru, Bolivia, Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil, Guyana, Suriname, Paraguay, Venezuela, and Ecuador.CountryCapitalLanguage/Currency/Time Zone/ Calling CodeArgentinaBuenos AiresThe official language of the nation is Spanish The currency Peso. The calling code is +54 UTC/GMT standard time followed is -3 hours.BoliviaSucreThe official language of the nation is Spanish The currency Boliviano. The calling code is +591 UTC/GMT standard time followed is -4 hours.BrazilBrasiliaThe official language of the nation is Portuguese The currency Real. The calling code is +55 UTC/GMT standard time followed is -3 hours.ChileSantiagoThe official language of the nation is Spanish The currency Peso. The calling code is +56 UTC/GMT standard time followed is -4 hours.
- South America Geography/South American Countriesyoutube.com
- South America Song Geography/South American Country Regions and Statesyoutube.com
- Learn South American Countries and Their Capitals | Geography for Studentsyoutube.com
- South American Countries, Capital and Currency || South America Map || South American Continentyoutube.com
Brazil is by far the most populous South American country, with more than half of the continent's population, followed by Colombia, Argentina, Venezuela and Peru. In recent decades, Brazil has also generated half of the continent's GDP and has become the first regional power.
South America consists of 12 countries and three territories. The largest country in South America is Brazil, followed by Argentina, Peru and Colombia. The smallest country in South America is Suriname, followed by Uruguay, and Guyana. Brazil has the longest coastline in South America, followed by Chile.
The UK’s vaccination drive has been a roaring success, Covid cases, deaths and hospitalisations are right down across the UK, new variants have failed to drive them up, and everyday life resembles ...
The Telegraph via Yahoo News
7 days ago
- BBC and ITV Name BritBox International CEOVariety via AOL22 hours ago
- Electric cars are fueling the US’s lithium mining boomQuartz4 days ago
- Australia, Qatar pull out of 2021 Copa AmericaAFP via Yahoo Sports2 days ago
- Second cruel summer awaits Europe’s ‘Club Med’ economiesThe Telegraph via Yahoo News2 days ago
- Pregnant women at higher risk for COVID infection, study says; tech conference becomes superspreader: Live updatesUSA TODAY via Yahoo News6 days ago
- Exclusive: 'Perfect trips' - Venezuela ships jet fuel to Iran in exchange for gasoline, sources sayReuters via Yahoo News2 days ago
- Travel latest news: Australia could restart international travel in OctoberThe Telegraph via Yahoo News4 hours ago
- Former Mining Exec Details Suitcase Full of Cash He Used to Seal DealsBloomberg via Yahoo Finance1 day ago
- Nuno Espirito Santo concerned international break could lead to Covid-19 casesPA Media: Sport via Yahoo Sports7 days ago
Countries of South America. Argentina. Bolivia. Brazil. Chile. Colombia. Ecuador. Falkland Islands. French Guiana.
- related to: countries in south america