David Foster Wallace (February 21, 1962 – September 12, 2008) was an American author of novels, short stories and essays, as well as a university professor of English and creative writing. Wallace is widely known for his 1996 novel Infinite Jest , which Time magazine cited as one of the 100 best English-language novels from 1923 to 2005. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Foster_Wallace
David Foster Wallace (February 21, 1962 – September 12, 2008) was an American author of novels, short stories and essays, as well as a university professor of English and creative writing. Wallace is widely known for his 1996 novel Infinite Jest , which Time magazine cited as one of the 100 best English-language novels from 1923 to 2005. 
- How David Foster Wallace’s Infinite Jest predicted the era of ZoomThe Independent5 days ago
- David Foster Wallace’s classic 1990s novel ‘Infinite Jest’ predicted the Year of ZoomScroll24 hours ago
- Infinite Jest: how David Foster Wallace’s classic nineties novel foreshadowed the Year of ZoomThe Conversation2 weeks ago
- Your Mind is an Excellent Servant, but a Terrible Master - David Foster Wallaceyoutube.com
- On David Foster Wallace, Affluence, Depression, Stories, and Meaningyoutube.com
- David Foster Wallace interview on Charlie Rose (1997)youtube.com
- David Foster Wallace unedited interview (2003)youtube.com
Sep 08, 2020 · David Foster Wallace, American novelist, short-story writer, and essayist whose dense works provide a dark, often satirical analysis of American culture. Wallace was the son of a philosophy professor and an English teacher. He received a B.A. from Amherst College in 1985. He was completing a
The official David Foster Wallace website featuring a listing of his books along audio clips and information about his newest title, THE PALE KING.
Sep 15, 2008 · David Foster Wallace, whose prodigiously observant, exuberantly plotted, grammatically and etymologically challenging, philosophically probing and culturally hyper-contemporary novels, stories and ...
Apr 03, 2009 · David Foster Wallace wrote the acclaimed novels Infinite Jest and The Broom of the System and the story collections Oblivion, Brief Interviews with Hideous Men, and Girl With Curious Hair. His nonfiction includes the essay collections Consider the Lobster and A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again, and the full-length work Everything and More.
Sep 12, 2018 · John McCain was the David Foster Wallace of American politics: all style, no substance. Like Wallace, McCain’s career was built on a lie. Wallace was an “avant-garde” author who ripped off Hubert Selby, Franz Kafka, and a dozen other writers; McCain was a “war hero” who crashed eight planes and admitted to breaking under torture and ...
Sep 20, 2019 · The Lost Years and Last Days of David Foster Wallace He was the greatest writer of his generation — and also its most tormented. In the wake of his tragic suicide, his friends and family reveal ...
Feb 01, 2020 · Suicide Is Not an Act of Cowardice. Earlier this month, the radio host John Ziegler tweeted that David Foster Wallace’s 2008 suicide was selfish and cowardly.
- “The so-called ‘psychotically depressed’ person who tries to kill herself doesn’t do so out of quote ‘hopelessness’ or any abstract conviction that life’s assets and debits do not square.
- “Everybody is identical in their secret unspoken belief that way deep down they are different from everyone else.” ― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest.
- “I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it.” ― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest.
- “The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you.” ― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest.
Feel-Good results for david foster wallace
Oct 09, 2015 · David Foster Wallace in 1996. Photograph: Gary Hannabarger/Corbis R ecently, the impersonal fecundity of Google Alerts spat into my email inbox the news that a new oil painting of David Foster ...