People also ask
Who are the top selling death metal bands?
What are some great death metal bands?
Which death metal band is best?
What is the best death metal?
Lists of death metal bands can be found at: . List of death metal bands, !–K, for bands beginning with !-9 through K; List of death metal bands, L–Z, for bands beginning with L through Z
- Death. This choice is just obvious to me, both in terms of discography quality and influence. All the albums are great, and none of them sound the same.
- Immolation. Immolation is probably the most consistent death metal band out there. To hear albums like “Majesty and Decay” and “Atonement” from a band that’s been running since 1988 is amazing, not to mention the twisted music style and increasingly passionate lyrics.
- Dismember. Dismember are the kings of Swedish death metal for me. The whole discography is solid, but the first two albums and the “Pieces” EP is the where the band truly excelled.
- Blood Red Throne. The power of the riff is big in death metal music. And if you’re looking for riffs, there’s nowhere better than Norway’s Blood Red Throne.
Nov 25, 2019 · Well, bands like Death, Cannibal Corpse and Morbid Angel are at or near the top of the death metal bands list and deservedly so. They are among the most popular death metal bands and among death metal bands, are generally the most talked about bands within death metal.
- Caren Gibson
- Death. Orlando, Florida metallers Death are considered the pioneers of the death metal genre, with their 1987 debut album, Scream Bloody Gore, regarded as the scene’s spearhead.
- Cannibal Corpse. Cannibal Corpse’s imagery is as iconic as it is horrifying. From their 1990 debut album, Eaten Back To Life, through to Butchered At Birth, Tomb Of The Mutilated and 2017’s Red Before Black, they have racked up two million sales, making them death metal’s biggest-selling band of all time.
- Obituary. Florida was a hotbed for death metal in the 80s, and if Death were frontrunners of the scene, Tampa’s Obituary took it to a wider audience.
- Morbid Angel. Formed in 1983, Morbid Angel’s first four albums – Altars Of Madness (1989), Blessed Are The Sick (1991), Covenant (1993) and Domination (1995) – are consistently held up as death metal classics.
This is a list of death metal bands (listed by characters !–9 and letters A through K) including bands that have at some stage in their career played within the style of death metal, or one of its sub- or fusion genres; as such there will inevitably be a certain amount of overlap with the list of melodic death metal bands, the list of Swedish death metal bands, and others.
Morbid Angel is a death metal band assembled in Tampa, Florida, United States in 1983. They, along with bands like Death, Obituary and Deicide, were… Don't want to see ads?
- Gatecreeper. It’s no surprise to anyone that Gatecreeper have taken the world by storm. The Arizona death metal powerhouse have it all – incredible riffs, believable ferocity, fifty-story production, a killer name, and a live show that will make any attendee move.
- Spectral Voice. It doesn’t necessarily make Spectral Voice’s music better that they only perform with all the lights turned off. But it does speak to the artistic dedication one can hear in the tunes of this Denver outfit.
- Temple Of Void. Detroit’s Temple Of Void have been hyped up heavily in the underground since the release of 2014’s Of Terror And the Supernatural, and every word of that praise is deserved.
- Venom Prison. Rarely does a death metal band match their message with momentum quite like Venom Prison do. The South Wales five-piece take an approach to their art and lyrics that might make your typical conservative death metaller uncomfortable, but they back it up with so much vehemence and power – dear God, that fucking guitar tone!
- Cannibal Corpse. These guys are hands down, the undisputed kings of death metal. Featuring vocalist George 'Corpsegrinder' Fisher, drummer Paul Mazurkiewicz, bassist Alex Webster, and guitarists Pat O'Brien and Rob Barrett, the band's blood soaked career spans over a quarter of a century, and 13 studio albums (including the latest release, A Skeletal Domain), making them one of the most successful and best selling extreme metal bands.
- Death. Known to many as the forefathers, and inventors of death metal, Florida's Death was formed in the early '80s by a young, visionary metal guitarist known as Chuck Schuldinger.
- At the Gates. This is an extreme metal band of Swedish melodic masters, which many consider to be the architects of the classic Gothenburg death metal sound.
- Deicide. Deicide is a band that has been draped in the darkness of the devil since they started in the mid '80s. The band's name (as you can probably guess) translates into “The Killing of God.”
- related to: death metal bands
discount99.us has been visited by 1M+ users in the past month