Aug 9, 2022 · Florida weather in December has a monthly average temperature of 61 degrees Fahrenheit with an average high of 72 and an average low of 50. This range of temperatures is comfortable for the majority of people. It will especially suit vacationers that wish to escape the harsh cold of their home climate.
- Caitlin Lloyd
Jun 26, 2019 · The water temperature for the Gulf of Mexico (West Coast) ranges from the mid- to high 60s, and the Atlantic Ocean (East Coast) waters are several degrees cooler; additionally, the beaches to the south are always several degrees warmer than those in North Florida. What to Pack
- Sara Shulman
People also ask
What are the warmest Florida cities in December?
Is Fort Myers Beach warm in December?
What is the temperature of the Gulf of Mexico?
- South Beach, Miami. South Beach is not only the most famous beach in Miami but also the warmest beach in Florida in December! Located in the heart of Miami Beach, this vibrant beach sees temperatures ranging from the mid-70s to low 80s, making it the perfect place to soak up the sun and enjoy various outdoor activities.
- Smathers Beach, Key West. Located on the Eastern shore of Key West, Smathers Beach is the largest public beach in the area and it boasts warm temperatures in December, ranging from the mid-70s to low 80s.
- Fort Lauderdale Beach, Fort Lauderdale. One of the warm places to visit in December in Florida is Fort Lauderdale and if you’re looking to hit the beach, Fort Lauderdale Beach will not disappoint thanks to its warm temperatures that oscillate between high 60s and mid-70s.
- Tigertail Beach, Marco Island. Tigertail Beach, situated on Marco Island offers warm temperatures in December with an average of 74 °F. This expansive beach is known for its sparkling white sand, crystal clear waters, and an abundance of seashells making it a beachcomber’s paradise.
- Grayton Beach State Park. Sparkling white sands and emerald-green waters form the backdrop for this portal to a perfect beach vacation in Sunshine State.
- Caladesi Island State Park. Long to get away from the hustle and bustle and savor the sights and sounds of undisrupted nature in winter? Head to Caladesi Island State Park.
- Fort De Soto Park. Set your sights on the stunning Fort De Soto Park if you plan a winter beach vacation in the US! Proclaimed best family beach by Parents Magazine in 2011, De Soto is located in the Gulf of Mexico near St. Petersburg.
- Sanibel Island. Offering the best beaches to visit in December in the USA, Sanibel Island, a barrier island along southwest Florida is a destination you cannot miss!
- Key West. Being the southernmost city in the United States, Key West is a true tropical paradise even in December. The average high temperature remains around 77°F, allowing you to enjoy its sandy beaches like Smathers Beach and crystal clear waters comfortably.
- Miami. One of the warmest places to visit in Florida in December is no doubt the cosmopolitan city of Miami whose temperatures oscillate around 75°F. Famed for its sun-soaked beaches, the city offers ample opportunities for beach-side relaxation and water sports, especially at popular spots like South Beach, South Pointe Park, Lummus Park, and more.
- Naples. Nestled on Florida’s Gulf Coast, Naples enjoys a warm winter climate, making it an ideal choice for a December getaway. With high temperatures averaging in the mid-70s, the weather is perfect for beachgoers, outdoor enthusiasts, and those just seeking a break from the winter chill.
- Fort Lauderdale. Fort Lauderdale in December is such a treat. With daytime temperatures sitting comfortably around 78°F, it’s the warmest place in Florida in December.
The average temperature in December is between 64°F to 76°F (18-24°C). December is a dry season but with higher fogs, higher winds, and cool weather. The chances of rainfall are low, with an average of 2 inches. There’s a significant weather difference in southern and Northern Florida.