- 1. a group of one or more parents and their children living together as a unit: "the family lived in a large house with a lot of land" Similar
- 2. all the descendants of a common ancestor: "the house has been owned by the same family for 300 years" Similar
- 1. designed to be suitable for children as well as adults: "a family newspaper"
Powered by Oxford Dictionaries
People also ask
How do we define a family?
What do we mean by 'family'?
How the family is defined?
What is the best definition of family?
May 12, 2017 · Webster’s dictionary defines family as “a group consisting of parents and children living together in a household.”. This definition is a good starting point when trying to define what family consists of, however there are modern day definitions that redefine what family is today.
In human society, family (from Latin: familia) is a group of people related either by consanguinity (by recognized birth) or affinity (by marriage or other relationship). The purpose of families is to maintain the well-being of its members and of society. Ideally, families would offer predictability, structure, and safety as members mature and ...
Apr 29, 2011 · family. A group of people, usually of the same blood (but do not have to be), who genuinely love, trust, care about, and look out for each other. Not to be mistaken with relatives sharing the same household who hate eachother. REAL family is a bondage that cannot be broken by any means. Family relationships:
- Traditional (Nuclear) Families. The traditional make up of a family consists of a mother and father, whom are married, raising their biological children in one household.
- Blended Families. Blended families are when each parent has children from a previous relationship and both spouses’ children are now being raised in the same household.
- Extended Families. Some people go beyond their household when they think of family. They think of their extended family, including aunts, uncles, grandparents, and cousins.
- Single Parent Family. As the name suggests, this very common type of family is where either the mother or father along with the child care the key makeup of the family.