- 1. of the color of milk or fresh snow, due to the reflection of most wavelengths of visible light; the opposite of black: "a sheet of white paper"
- 2. belonging to or denoting a human group having light-colored skin (chiefly used of peoples of European extraction): "white suburban kids"
- 1. white color or pigment: "garnet-red flowers flecked with white"
- 2. the visible pale part of the eyeball around the iris.
- 1. paint or turn (something) white: archaic "your passion hath whited your face"