- 1. of the color of milk or fresh snow, due to the reflection of most wavelengths of visible light; the opposite of black: "a sheet of white paper"
- 2. belonging to or denoting a human group having light-colored skin (chiefly used of peoples of European extraction): "white suburban kids"
- 1. white color or pigment: "garnet-red flowers flecked with white"
- 2. the visible pale part of the eyeball around the iris.
- 1. paint or turn (something) white: archaic "your passion hath whited your face"
Nov 10, 2022 · INS Administration of Racial Provisions in U.S. Immigration and Nationality Law Since 1898 Summer 2002, Vol. 34, No. 2 By Marian L. Smith Enlarge The Dictionary of Races or Peoples, prepared in 1911, was used by INS officials until the early 1950s. (INS) In recent years, scholars, scientists, and policymakers have turned increasing attention to matters of race as a factor in our society, the ...
3 days ago · White Mexicans ( Spanish: Mexicanos blancos) are Mexicans who are considered or identify as white, typically due to their physical appearance and/or self-identification with their European ancestry. 
Nov 03, 2022 · White supremacy is a term that tends to offend people’s sensibilities much more immediately than the word racism. That’s because white supremacy today presents itself to the American ...
Nov 03, 2022 · Race and ethnicity are terms that are sometimes used sloppily, almost interchangeably. But race and ethnicity are not the same thing. Both terms are used to describe human identity, but in ...
Nov 20, 2022 · The White House is the official residence and workplace of the president of the United States. It is located at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW in Washington, D.C., and has been the residence of every U.S. president since John Adams in 1800. The term "White House" is often used as a metonym for the president and his advisers .