- 1. the branch of science that deals with the identification of the substances of which matter is composed; the investigation of their properties and the ways in which they interact, combine, and change; and the use of these processes to form new substances.
- 2. the complex emotional or psychological interaction between two people: "their affair was triggered by intense sexual chemistry"
Powered by Oxford Dictionaries
People also ask
What is chemistry definition and its importance?
What is the basic definition of Chemistry?
What is the definition of chemical in chemistry?
What is a chemical word?
Definition of chemistry. 1 : a science that deals with the composition, structure, and properties of substances and with the transformations that they undergo. 2 a : the composition and chemical properties of a substance the chemistry of iron. b : chemical processes and phenomena (as of an organism) blood chemistry.
noun, plural chem·is·tries. the science that deals with the composition and properties of substances and various elementary forms of matter.Compare element (def. 2). chemical properties, reactions, phenomena, etc.: the chemistry of carbon. the interaction of one personality with another: The chemistry between him and his boss was all wrong.
chemistry. ( ˈkɛmɪstrɪ) n, pl -tries. 1. (Chemistry) the branch of physical science concerned with the composition, properties, and reactions of substances. See also inorganic chemistry, organic chemistry, physical chemistry. 2. (Chemistry) the composition, properties, and reactions of a particular substance.
Jan 04, 2021 · chemistry noun [U] (SCIENCE) the scientific study of the basic characteristics of substances and the ways in which they react or combine: She studied chemistry and physics at college. a chemistry department / laboratory
Chemistry, the science that deals with the properties, composition, and structure of substances (defined as elements and compounds), the transformations they undergo, and the energy that is released or absorbed during these processes.
- Chemistry Definitionyoutube.com
- Definition of chemistry with branches.youtube.com
- Definition of Molecule, Elements & Compounds - Basic Concepts of Chemistry - Chemistry Class 11youtube.com
- L2 - The Definition of Green Chemistryyoutube.com
Jul 02, 2019 · An important point to remember is that chemistry is a science, which means its procedures are systematic and reproducible and its hypotheses are tested using the scientific method. Chemists, scientists who study chemistry, examine the properties and composition of matter and the interactions between substances.
Chemistry is the scientific discipline involved with elements and compounds composed of atoms, molecules and ions: their composition, structure, properties, behavior and the changes they undergo during a reaction with other substances.
Chemistry is a physical science, and it is the study of the properties of and interactions between matter and energy. In other words, chemistry is a way to study the properties, characteristics,...
- 6 min