Interactive map of Detroit Lake that includes Marina Locations, Boat Ramps. Access other maps for various points of interests and businesses.
Inland Lake Maps. Michigan has more than 11,000 inland lakes. For about 2,700 of these, we have inland lake maps available. Click on a county for a list of available lake maps in that county. While we make every effort to provide useful and accurate information, these maps may not be completely representative of current conditions.
Apr 25, 2017 · 9 Gorgeous Lakes To Visit Around Detroit This Summer. It’s no secret that Michigan is known as the Great Lakes State. We’re undoubtedly lucky to have access to some of the most beautiful bodies of freshwater in the world — and Detroit is within driving distance of several of them.
- Sophie Boudreau
People also ask
What to do in Detroit Lakes MN?
Where is little Detroit Lake?
Where is the Detroit reservoir in Oregon?
The surrounding Great Lakes are Michigan's most striking landforms. Besides, the state is also covered by over 11,000 freshwater lakes (mostly small). Lake St. Clair forms a vital commercial waterway, as it connects to Lake Erie through the Detroit River, and to Lake Huron through the St. Clair River.
Michigan’s name is even rooted in the Ojibwa word for “large lake,” Michi Gami.Lake Michigan forms the eastern coast of the Lower Peninsula, and its shores are lined with sand dune—most notably the towering Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore.
- Lake Michigamme – Michigamme. This lake, 40 miles west of Marquettein Michigammecaptures the wild essence iconic to Michigan's Upper Peninsula. At 4,300 acres, Michigamme is among the state's largest lakes, with room for solitary exploration on three beaches and 16 islands.
- Big Manistique Lake – Curtis. With two creeks running through the lake, you will find a steady flow of fresh water, and Seney National Wildlife Refuge—bringing other treasures in the form of bald eagles, sandhill cranes, osprey and common loons.
- Lake Charlevoix (Charlevoix, Boyne City and East Jordan) This is Michigan's third largest and—if you put stock in “USA Today” polls—the second prettiest in the entire nation.
- Lake Leelanau – Leland and Cedar. Lake Leelanau, wedged long and narrow between Suttons Bayand Lake Michiganon pastoral Leelanau Peninsula, is sometimes overlooked, perhaps because a dam with waterfall blocks access between its waters and Lake Michigan.
Check out our detroit lake map selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our shops.
- Lake Michigan. As one of four Great Lakes that border Michigan and one of the largest freshwater lakes in the world, Lake Michigan is one of the best vacation spots in the state.
- Lake Superior. Lake Superior in Michigan's Upper Peninsula is one of the most beautiful lakes in the state because of the scenery that surrounds it. This lake takes a little more time to get to because it is entirely in the Upper Peninsula, but you can easily stay in Munising and have plenty to do in the area.
- Lake Huron. If you plan a vacation to Mackinac Island, you will enjoy Lake Huron, one of the most stunning lakes in northern Michigan. You can take a ferry across Lake Huron to Mackinac Island or plan a sunset cruise.
- Lake Erie. As the fourth of the Great Lakes that surround Michigan, Lake Erie is one of the most accessible. It is located close to Detroit and is one of the best lakes to visit in southeast Michigan.
Detroit, MI . Claim this business ... More Directions Sponsored Topics. Detroit Hotels. Detroit Restaurants. Description Legal. Help. ... You can customize the map ...