www.thoughtco.com/the-5-branches-of-chemistry-603911#:~:text=There are many branches of chemistry or chemistry,compounds; the study of the chemistry of life
- There are many branches of chemistry or chemistry disciplines. The five main branches are considered to be organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, analytical chemistry, physical chemistry, and biochemistry . Overview of the 5 Branches of Chemistry Organic Chemistry: The study of carbon and its compounds; the study of the chemistry of life
People also ask
What are the 5 major branches of Chemistry and its definition?
What are the examples of each branches of Chemistry?
What are the five major divisions of Chemistry?
What are the sub-branches under chemistry?
Jul 03, 2019 · Overview of the 5 Branches of Chemistry Organic Chemistry: The study of carbon and its compounds; the study of the chemistry of life Inorganic Chemistry: The study of compounds not covered by organic chemistry; the study of inorganic compounds, or... Analytical Chemistry: The study of the chemistry ...
Nov 22, 2020 · Types of Chemistry Agrochemistry . It deals with the application of chemistry for agricultural production, food processing, and... Analytical Chemistry . Astrochemistry . Biochemistry - Biochemistry is the branch of chemistry concerned with the chemical reactions that occur... Cluster Chemistry . ...
- Organic chemistry. As the name implies, it can be assumed that this deals with something related to living beings. Though it is true, in scientific terms, it is the study of carbon compounds.
- Inorganic chemistry. This is the chemistry which studies compounds devoid of carbon. This branch of chemistry has a massive list of chemicals which are naturally found in nature.
- Biochemistry. This chemistry as the name implies is the study of biological chemistry. Biochemistry deals with chemistry happening inside the living bodies of animals and plants.
- Physical chemistry. As the name indicates, it deals with the physical properties of chemicals or substances. These include topics like gaseous laws (Dalton law), thermal conduction in liquids, gases, solids.
Organic, inorganic, physical, analytical, and biochemistry are considered as the five main branches of chemistry. Theoretical chemistry can be included as the sixth branch. This ScienceStruck article describes the main branches and other fields of study in chemistry.
- Organic Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Analytical Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
Organic chemistry is basically the study of life. It involves the study of compounds that contain carbon, which is one of the basic structures of life. It also studies the composition of structures in life forms to gain a better understanding of what creates life and how it continues to form and develop. At one time, organic chemistry only including those compounds that were created by living organisms. However, scientists have learned that it is now possible to create compounds through artif...
This branch of chemistry deals with inorganic compounds, which are typically compounds that do not contain a combination of hydrogen and carbon bonds. This means that they are not biological. Essentially, inorganic chemistry covers everything that is not covered by organic chemistry, although there is a great deal of overlapping in both branches. Some of the topics that are covered under the branch of inorganic chemistry include pigments, medicine, fuel, agriculture and materials science, amo...
Analytical chemistry deals with studying what chemical compositions are made of. Scientists who study analytical chemistry find information about a compound’s structure in order to solve problems and ensure safety when using these materials.Before the 1850s, analytical chemistry focused on identifying compounds and elements by researching their attributes. But the flame emissive spectrometry, which was invented by Robert Bunsen in the 1850s, changed the way scientists conducted analytical che...
The idea of physical chemistry concerns itself with interpreting chemistry in terms of using some of the principles of physics. It combines the sciences of physics and chemistry and uses physics to account for the many phenomena that is found in chemistry.There are several disciplines usually in the field of physical chemistry, but the boundaries are not very clear. Thermodynamics is one of the topics covered under physical chemistry. Although it may seem like it is more about physics, thermo...
Biochemistry basically combines the fields of biology with chemistry. It studies the reactions and the various chemical processes that occur in living things. Although it is a combination of both of these disciplines, it focuses more attention on the chemistry side rather than the biological side.The branch of biochemistry places a great emphasis on what happens at the molecular level. It studies what goes on inside our bodies, including the cells, lipids and proteins. Biochemistry also looks...
- Bioinorganic chemistry — the study of the interaction of metal ions with living tissue, mainly through their direct...
- Geochemistry — the study of the chemical composition and changes in rocks, minerals, and atmosphere of the earth or a...
- Nuclear chemistry — the study of radioactive substances.
May 20, 2019 · Industrial Chemistry is the branch of chemistry which deals with the manufacturing of Chemical Substance or compounds on the Commercial scale. Industrial Chemistry mainly deals with the production of rudimentary chemicals such as Oxygen, Chlorine, Ammonia, Caustic Soda, Nitric Acid, and Sulphuric acid.
Inorganic chemistry. focuces on compounds that don't contain carbon. Ex. Samd. Physical chemistry. behavior and changes of matter and the related energy changes. Ex. Reaction rates. analytical chemistry. parts and compostiiion of matter. Ex. Quality control.
Organic Chemistry. Focuses on carbon-containing compounds. Ex. plastics. Inorganic Chemistry. Focuses on compounds that DON'T contain carbon. Ex. sand, water. Physical Chemistry. Behavior and changes of matter and the related energy changes. Ex. reaction rates.