Apr 22, 2019 · Many of the Dominican Republic's resorts are located on the eastern end of the island of Hispaniola, in Punta Cana and La Romana. But there also are resort districts in Barahona in the south and Puerto Plata in the north.
Feb 25, 2021 · The Dominican Republic, occupying the eastern two-thirds of the island of Hispaniola, is the 2 nd largest country in the Caribbean. It has an area of 48,671 sq. km (18,792 sq mi). As observed on the physical map of the country above, Dominican Republic is mountainous in the central and west, while extensive lowlands dominate the southeast.
Map of Dominican Republic and travel information about Dominican Republic brought to you by Lonely Planet.
Interactive Map Visualize and plan your Dominican Republic adventure with our Interactive Map, or familiarize yourself with the country’s major highways . Filter
- April 25, 2021
- April 20, 2021
People also ask
Is the Dominican Republic considered a Caribbean island?
Is Dominican Republic off the coast of the Caribbean?
What is the relative location of Dominican Republic?
Which direction is Dominican Republic from Jamaica?
Dominican Republic, country of the West Indies that occupies the eastern two-thirds of Hispaniola, the second largest island of the Greater Antilles chain in the Caribbean Sea. Haiti, also an independent republic, occupies the western third of the island. The national capital is Santo Domingo, on the southern coast.
- Caribbean Island Information: Located between the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea, south of Florida and north of South and Central America.
- Political Map of the Caribbean: This is a political map of the Caribbean which shows the countries and islands of the Caribbean Sea along with capital cities and major cities.
- Explore Caribbean Islands Using Google Earth: Google Earth is a free program from Google that allows you to explore satellite images showing the cities and landscapes of Caribbean Islands and the rest of the world in fantastic detail.
- Caribbean Islands on a World Wall Map: The Caribbean Islands contain several of nearly 200 countries illustrated on our Blue Ocean Laminated Map of the World.
Dominican Republic is the second largest and most diverse Caribbean country, situated just two hours south of Miami, less than four hours from New York and eight hours from most European cities. Known for our warm and hospitable people, Dominican Republic is a destination like no other, featuring astounding nature, intriguing history and rich culture.
- Contents: The 13 Caribbean Countries. Caribbean Territories. Countries By Population. Economy Of The Caribbean.
- The 13 Caribbean Countries. The Caribbean contains 13 independent countries and several territories/dependencies that are part of other countries. Almost 44 million people live in the region, known for its crystal blue waters, sandy beaches, and warm, tropical climate, all of which attract throngs of tourists each year.
- Antigua And Barbuda. Area: 4432. Population: 97,120. Capital: St. John's. Antigua (pronounced An-tee’ga) and Barbuda is a country in the middle of the Leeward Islands, which is part of the Caribbean island group known as the Lesser Antilles, located in the eastern Caribbean.
- The Bahamas. Area: 13,880 km2. Population: 389,480. Capital: Nassau. In 1492, Christopher Columbus made his first landfall in the so-called New World on an island he called San Salvador, which is now one of the many islands of the Bahamas.
Dominican Republic Tourism: Tripadvisor has 1,459,226 reviews of Dominican Republic Hotels, Attractions, and Restaurants making it your best Dominican Republic resource.