The Oxford English Dictionary is not the only dictionary to face a language reckoning. Earlier this year, Dictionary.com said they were making 15,000 revisions and 650 new entries that included the capitalization of Black as it relates to a person, and making LGBTQ language less clinical.https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/oxford-english-dictionary-updates-sexist-definition-of-word-woman-petition-231455679.html
Dictionary.com is the world’s leading online source for English definitions, synonyms, word origins and etymologies, audio pronunciations, example sentences, slang phrases, idioms, word games, legal and medical terms, Word of the Day and more.
Play the daily crossword puzzle from Dictionary.com and grow...
- All The Words
The real meanings of slang, emoji, and other weird "words"
- Word of The Day
What is the origin of ingenious? Ingenious comes from late...
The most popular dictionary and thesaurus for learners of English. Meanings and definitions of words with pronunciations and translations.
The dictionary by Merriam-Webster is America's most trusted online dictionary for English word definitions, meanings, and pronunciation. #wordsmatter
People also ask
What is the best online English language dictionary?
Which are English Dictionary has the most words?
What was the first English Dictionary?
Cambridge Dictionary - English dictionary, English-Spanish translation and British & American English audio pronunciation from Cambridge University Press
2 days ago · Trusted free online English Dictionary from Collins. Authoritative, reliable and up-to-date content for English word reference, with images, example sentences, audio and video pronunciations, and related thesaurus.
Donald Trump’s presidency is finally coming to an end. One of the most common legal interpretive methods, promoted by Justice Antonin Scalia and popularized among conservatives, is to look for ...
Refinery29 via Yahoo News
1 day ago
- This Is the 2020 Word of the Year, Oxford Dictionary SaysBest Life via Yahoo News2 days ago
- 2020 is so wild that Oxford English Dictionary couldn’t come up with one ‘word of the year’NY Daily News via AOL2 days ago
- OED names ‘words of the year’ after unprecedented upheaval of 2020The Independent via Yahoo News3 days ago
- Lockdown, superspreader, unprecedented: 2020 has changed the English language, for goodFortune via Yahoo Finance2 days ago
- What is ‘lockdown’ in different languages?The Independent via Yahoo News2 days ago
- Making the most of the Oxford English Dictionary in the classroom (UK version)youtube.com
- ENGLISH DICTIONARYyoutube.com
- Making the most of the Oxford English Dictionary in the classroom (US version)youtube.com
- The Oxford English Dictionaryyoutube.com
Lexico is a collaboration with Oxford Dictionary hosted by Dictionary.com offering definitions, meanings, and grammar in both English and Spanish. Translate from English to Spanish and Spanish to English with Lexico.com
The largest and most trusted free online dictionary for learners of British and American English with definitions, pictures, example sentences, synonyms, antonyms, word origins, audio pronunciation, and more. Look up the meanings of words, abbreviations, phrases, and idioms in our free English Dictionary.
The World's most comprehensive free online dictionary, thesaurus, and encyclopedia with synonyms, definitions, idioms, abbreviations, and medical, financial, legal specialized dictionaries