Feb 18, 2021 · SECTION 1. Short title. This Act may be cited as the “Equality Act”. SEC. 2. Findings and purpose. (a) Findings .—Congress finds the following: (1) Discrimination can occur on the basis of the sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth, or a related medical condition of an individual, as well as because of sex-based ...
Jun 22, 2011 · Easy Read: The Equality Act - making equality real (PDF file - 2mb - Warning: large file) PDF, 2.3MB, 38 pages. This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an ...
- Government Equalities Office
Mar 01, 2021 · If passed, the Equality Act would extend civil rights protections for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer+, and same gender loving (LGBTQ+/SGL) people under the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and other existing civil rights laws." #TheDamageReport #JohnIadarola #TheYoungTurks. More from: The Damage Report. Previous.
People also ask
Will the Equality Act pass the Senate?
Was the Equality Act passed by Congress?
What is the status of the Equality Act?
What is HR5 Equality Act?
The Equality Act, making equality real Easy Read Document. Important In this easy read booklet we explain what some words mean. When we first mention any of these ...
Mar 23, 2021 · How The Equality Act Would Legalize Religious Bigotry. By Yaakov Menken. March 23, 2021. The Founding Fathers recognized freedom of expression and religious liberty as core elements of diversity ...
- Employers and Workers. The Equality Act would force employers and workers to conform to new sexual norms or else lose their businesses and jobs. This is already happening on the state and local level.
- Medical Professionals. The Equality Act would force hospitals and insurers to provide and pay for these therapies against any moral or medical objections.
- Parents and Children. This politicization of medicine would ultimately harm families by normalizing hormonal and surgical interventions for gender dysphoric children as well as ideological “education” in schools and other public venues.
- Women. The Equality Act would ultimately lead to the erasure of women by dismantling sex-specific facilities, sports, and other female-only spaces. Sexual orientation and gender identity laws that open up sex-specific facilities like bathrooms, locker rooms, etc.
The Equality Act is a bill in the United States Congress, that, if passed, would amend the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex, sexual orientation and gender identity in employment, housing, public accommodations, education, federally funded programs, credit, and jury service. The Supreme Court's June 2020 ruling in Bostock v. Clayton County, Georgia protects gay and transgender people in matters of employment, but not in other respects. The Bostock ruling als
Mar 15, 2021 · To say that the Equality Act -- which the U.S. Senate will soon take up after its passage in the House -- has changed over the years is a huge understatement. ... The first version of this ...
Feb 26, 2021 · It's easy to see why people with deeply held religious beliefs see it as an attack. The Equality Act passed the House once before, in 2019, but went nowhere in the Republican-controlled Senate. It ...
- Scott Shackford