Feb 18, 2021 · Clayton County, 140 S. Ct. 1731 (2020) that the prohibition on employment discrimination because of sex under title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 inherently includes discrimination because of sexual orientation or transgender status.
- There have been 2 roll call votes
Feb 18, 2021 · Equality Act This bill prohibits discrimination based on sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity in areas including public accommodations and facilities, education, federal funding, employment, housing, credit, and the jury system.
- There have been 2 roll call votes
Text of H.R. 5: Equality Act as of Mar 2, 2021 (Placed on Calendar in the Senate version). H.R. 5: Equality Act
MARCH 1, 2021 Received MARCH 2 (legislative day, MARCH 1), 2021 Read the first time MARCH 2, 2021 Read the second time and placed on the calendar AN ACT To prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex, gender identity, and sexual orientation, and for other purposes. 1 Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representa-
Mar 30, 2021 · H.R. 1 text HERE. In summary, this is an attack on all traditional/Christian sexual mores, Christians, the church and any protections given to women and young girls. In addition, any doctor refusing to do an abortion (no exemptions) will be guilty of a crime, and as such will at the very least lose his/her license to practice medicine.
Feb 19, 2021 · The Equality Act would amend existing civil rights laws, such as the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Fair Housing Act, to explicitly ban LGBTQ discrimination in the workforce, housing, education, credit, jury service and other areas of American life. If passed, the legislation would provide the most comprehensive LGBTQ civil rights protections ...
People also ask
Will the Equality Act pass the Senate?
Was the Equality Act passed by Congress?
What is the status of the Equality Act?
What is HR5 Equality Act?
Feb 25, 2021 · The Equality Act redefines “sex” to include “pregnancy, childbirth, or a related medical condition,” and, as the bill’s opponents have noted, federal agencies and courts already have determined...
- Alexandra Desanctis
- The Equality Act Simply Punishes Discrimination Against People Who Identify as Gay or Transgender. Fact: The Equality Act—introduced as H.R. 5 in the House of Representatives on February 18, 2021—makes mainstream beliefs about marriage, as well as basic biological facts about sex differences, punishable under the law.
- The Equality Act Preserves Religious Freedom. Fact: The Equality Act guts the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) and threatens constitutional freedoms by eliminating conscience protections from the Civil Rights Act.
- The Equality Act Does Not Expand the Scope of Federal Civil Rights Law. Fact: By expanding the definition of “public accommodations” under Title II of the Civil Rights Act to include “any establishment that provides a good, service, or program, including a store, shopping center, online retailer or service provider, salon, bank, gas station, food bank, service or care center, shelter, travel agency, or funeral parlor, or establishment that provides health care, accounting, or legal services,” many more individuals and establishments would, in fact, become liable to discrimination claims, including doctors who do not want to perform abortions.
- The Equality Act Is Irrelevant to Abortion. Fact: H.R. 5 endangers unborn children. The Equality Act opens the door to taxpayer funding for elective abortions, which the vast majority of Americans oppose, regardless of political affiliation.
Jan 22, 2021 · The Equality Act is a blatant act of cultural imperialism and a high-priority agenda item for the new administration and the Democrat-controlled Congress. So much for “unity.” Share on Facebook