- “There is no friend as loyal as a book.” ― Ernest Hemingway.
- “There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.” ― Ernest Hemingway.
- “Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.” ― Ernest Hemingway, The Garden of Eden.
- “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” ― Ernest Hemingway.
Enjoy the best Ernest Hemingway Quotes at BrainyQuote. Quotations by Ernest Hemingway, American Novelist, Born July 21, 1899. Share with your friends.
Discover Ernest Hemingway famous and rare quotes. Share Ernest Hemingway quotations about writing, war and books. ... (1986). “Conversations with Ernest Hemingway ...
- “I know enough to know that no woman should ever marry a man who hated his mother.” ― Martha Gellhorn, Selected Letters.
- “I didn't want to kiss you goodbye — that was the trouble — I wanted to kiss you good night — and there's a lot of difference.” ― Ernest Hemingway.
- “Why, darling, I don't live at all when I'm not with you.” ― Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms.
- “All men fear death. It’s a natural fear that consumes us all. We fear death because we feel that we haven’t loved well enough or loved at all, which ultimately are one and the same.
- There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self. Ernest Hemingway. Share this top 10 list!
- The good parts of a book may be only something a writer is lucky enough to overhear or it may be the wreck of his whole damn life and one is as good as the other.
- The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places. Ernest Hemingway. 2.
- To be a successful father... there's one absolute rule: when you have a kid, don't look at it for the first two years. Ernest Hemingway. 3.
- The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places… Ernest Hemingway.
- Courage is grace under pressure. Ernest Hemingway.
- Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another. Ernest Hemingway.
- A man can be destroyed but not defeated. Ernest Hemingway.
Jul 23, 2020 · 30 Short and Straightforward Ernest Hemingway Quotes on Life and Writing Last Updated on July 24, 2020 Considered as one of the greatest 20 th century American novelists, Ernest Hemingway is remembered mostly for his literary contributions, such as “The Old Man and the Sea” and “A Moveable Feast” .
Sep 29, 2014 · Hemingway‘s short, punchy writing lends itself to great quotations.. Here we have a curated collection of some of the best Hemingway quotes we could find. From the The Sun Also Rises to Death in the Afternoon Hemingway is motivational, manly, drunk, and ever to the point.
Feb 28, 2020 · Nobel Prize winner Ernest Hemingway is seen as one of the great American 20th century novelists, and is known for works like 'A Farewell to Arms' and 'The Old Man and the Sea.'
- July 21, 1899
- July 2, 1961
Jul 17, 2020 · Ernest Hemingway, American novelist and short-story writer, awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1954. He was noted both for the intense masculinity of his writing and for his adventurous and widely publicized life. His succinct and lucid prose style exerted a powerful influence on American and British fiction.